Forum Security Controls

Some of you may have seen a few 'odd' entries now and again on the forum.  I get on line 2-3 times a day and try to police these intruders.  The system does a pretty good job keeping spammers and such out but eventually some get through.

I just changed the security settings (with the help of one of our members) so I hope this will prevent those occurrences.

Sorry for the unwanted intrusions ... 

Angus (note - this is from the previous SCFLIER Admin,  Dave F)

• 1 year later...

Comment from your new ADMIN - June 3, 2016

note that any Admin posts placed on the site BEFORE Mid May of 2016 were made by the prior Admin,

the starter of it all, our FlightLead Sierra Charlie, who of course is still here in the Member Group.

The "system" now tags all Admin posts with my ("DavidKarenVV ") picture, because it only knows of the current admin. Just FYI

In case anyone is wondering what happened to the Admin posts with Sierra Charlie's picture associated with it......

Of course posts AFTER Mid May 2016 tagged with "Admin" we're in fact made by your new Admin, (me), and I am also interested in site security and reducing spam.