Welcome New Members to the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum

Welcome to all the new Members on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum !

We recently passed 210 total active members, and the SCFLIER Membership count grows every week.

We have a very active core of SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28 CRUZ aircraft owners and Pilots who participate on the SCFLIER Forum regularly.

Our goal is to provide useful, accurate, interesting, and fun information about the SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28 CRUZ aircraft, and the best way to provide more information on a wide variety of topics related to the fine CRUZ Light Sport Aircraft is for all of our members to participate regularly, and for those with experiences in a particular area related to the CRUZ aircraft to offer their knowledge and share ideas with other CRUZ owners and Pilots.

We all learn from sharing information.

Our members pride themselves in Respecting each other's opinions and detail ideas about the aircraft, and while it is OK to Disagree with an opinion one member may have on a particular topic, we all take great care to value input from everyone, and NO FLAMING or Disrespectful comments about other folk's opinions are tolerated.

All topics related to the CRUZ Light Sport Aircraft are "fair game". The only thing I ask is that new Forum Members take some time to scan the existing Forum topic areas, and place their postings in an area of the "Forum Outline" related to the idea they are sharing.

If you don't find "your" topic already discussed on the Forum, just pick one of the main "Outline" areas, and "Start A New Topic" with your comments and pictures for review by other Forum Members under that main outline topic area.

So, if you are a new member just learning about a CRUZ aircraft that you have recently purchased, a Sport Pilot, a Private Pilot or an ATP Pilot with many tens of thousands of hours flying the world's most advanced airliner aircraft, or a Military Pilot experienced in Air to Air or Air to Ground Combat, flying Super Sonic, or adept at landing on an aircraft carrier, an experienced A&P Mechanic or LSRM knowledgeable about the CRUZ aircraft or Rotax engine, a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) teaching student Pilots how to fly the SportCruiser, an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) giving check rides on a SportCruiser and authorizing new Pilot "tickets" to learn more, an FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR), a recent "discovery flight" CRUZ flier, if you fly your CRUZ aircraft out of a Tower Controlled Airport with a 9202 ft long 150 ft wide paved runway or fly out of a short narrow backcountry grass private air strip, or a Student Pilot with "out of the box new ideas" or just wanting to learn more about the SportCruiser family of aircraft, or some combination of the above,

and we have ALL of those CRUZ Enthusiast Categories reading and on the SCFLIER Forum,  

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU !

So whichever category(s) of CRUZ enthusiast you may "fit" into, please participate on topics that you may see on SCFLIER, or ask questions on areas that you may want to learn more about, or add new topics in your expertise area that may be of interest to other CRUZ LSA enthusiasts!!!

We welcome input from everyone and we all LOVE FLYING the CRUZ type LSA !

While many of the SCFLIER Forum members are based in the United States, we also have a growing number of members in Europe, Australia, and many other countries outside the USA. I know that many of our USA CRUZ Pilots who fly in the USA and are regulated by the FAA would LOVE to hear about experiences from Pilots who fly in England, France, Australia, Switzerland, Czech Republic ...., and to learn about how your country's flying regulatory agency may differ from what we experience in the USA with the FAA flying our CRUZ Light Sport Aircraft.

Looking forward to more topics and more pictures of your CRUZ LSA flying experiences !

Dave
SCFLIER Admin

PS - for those folks just now signing up to JOIN the SCFLIER Membership, the SCFLIER membership activation process involves a quick email communication exchange between yourself and me, the SCFLIER ADMIN. So if you get an email from SCFLIERADM@Yahoo.com, it is not SPAM, it is something worth reading to get your new SCFLIER Forum membership activated !

Happy New Year to all! May 2017 bring you and yours much health, happiness and wonderful flying experiences.

As a pilot without a plane for almost a year now, I visit the SC forum frequently to see the latest information, resources or experiences shared by all. I look forward to owning another SC soon but, in the meantime will continue my search to at least rent an SC in the South Florida area.

Izzy

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the MANY new members joining our SCFLIER SportCruiser forum in the past few weeks.

We now have Over 220 ! Total members !

To date in the month of January 2017 we have already added 12 new SCFLIER members !

Looking forward to some interesting new posts, pictures, and responses to existing posts about our very fine
SportCruiser, PiperSport, PS-28 family of Light Sport Aircraft !

SCFLIER members based in the USA are especially interested to hear from our many new SCFLIER members who are based in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland), and also Australia, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic.

I'll bet many of our USA SCFLIER members did not know that the Visual Flying Rules transponder code is 7000 in the U.K. . Thanks for a new member from the U.K. for letting me know that in an email. In the USA, our transponder code for that type of flying is 1200...

Have fun with the forum to all the new members - the more you post, the more we all learn about our fine little Light Sport Airplane !

The only rule is - keep topics related about flying, maintaining, upgrading, etc. of the SportCruiser airplane, and RESPECT other folks differing opinions. It is perfectly fine (and often valuable) to disagree with another SCFLIERs opinion on a topic, but we want to keep it friendly, and RESPECTing different opinions seems key to a fun, enjoyable forum.

Regards

Dave
Your friendly ADMIN/OWNER of the SCFLIER forum

WELCOME to the SportCruiser SCFLIER Forum to our TWELVE ! new additional members that have joined since the 15th of January !

We now have

total SCFLIER Forum members. Awesome !

Here's to our 12 new Members in the last two weeks from the USA, Ireland, and the United Kingdom !

ALL the SCFLIER Forum members benefit from reading other Members forum posts and especially pictures

about flying, maintaining, and owning a

SportCruiser/ PiperSport / PS-28 light sport aircraft.

Please look through our many topic areas and if "your" topic is already listed, just "reply to" the existing topic and

add on to the "string of posts" with your comments and pictures.

If you can't find "your" topic already discussed, consider a spot in our existing outline of topics like "General Avionics Discussion", "Flying Techniqies"

"Software Updates", "ROTAX engine", ..., many more..., and "Start New Topic" inside that outline area,

Or, if your topic doesn't fit in any of the existing Forum outline areas, one might "start a new topic" in the "Random Thoughts" area.

Only a couple of "rules":

1) While "Pilots" worldwide are generally a strong willed, independent bunch, please don't be disrespectful to other folks whose opinion you may not agree with. It is perfectly fine to disagree ( in a respectful way), and the interchange of

Differing ideas often leads to a new understanding of the topic, but FLAMING or RUDE DISRESPECTFUL comments

would turn our very fun, interesting, friendly forum into a place where only "Forum Trolls" would enjoy the interchange.

2) Also, while some forum members are perfectly fine with revealing lots of personal information, including their full name and address, family details, etc., on a public forum that can be accessed and read by ANYONE worldwide with Google, the "rule" is to respect other folks varying desires for privacy. Revealing detailed personal information about another member (unless already agreed to ahead of time by the other Member) is NOT a good idea. It is always up to the individual Forum members how much or how little that they may want to reveal and "post" about their personal life on this "public accessible" forum.

Thanks for listening to your friendly admin and WELCOME to our 12 New SCFLIER Forum Members !

I can be reached at the "Admin/Owner" email of

Scflieradm@yahoo.com

with any comments on how to IMPROVE the SCFLIER Forum experience.

ENJOY

Dave

IMG_8175.PNG

• 1 month later...

We have now reached 240 Members on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum !

Welcome to ALL our new  SCFLIER Forum MEMBERS, some located here in the USA as well as also the UK and Ireland  !   

We look forward to postings and pictures and links to interesting topics related to owning and flying the SportCruiser/PS-28/PiperSport family of Light Sport Aircraft !    See the above posts in this "Admin" thread for some information applicable to new members and our "rules of the road" re RESPECTING everyone's different and varied and interesting OPINIONS about flying and owning the SportCruiser.

Our goal on SCFLIER is to provide useful, accurate, interesting, and fun information about the SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28 CRUZ aircraft, and the best way to provide more information on a wide variety of topics related to the fine CRUZ Light Sport Aircraft is for ALL of our members to participate regularly, and for those Members  with experiences in a particular area related to the CRUZ aircraft to offer their knowledge and share ideas with other CRUZ owners and Pilots.

We all learn from sharing information.

1) A note on SPAM email detecting systems.

There are several more SCFLIER potential new Members now in the SCFLIER New Member "Validating" process.    

As ADMIN of the SportCruiser SCFLIER Forum,   I am diligent on establishing "two way communication" with all the new Members,  and learning some about each new member - mainly just to make sure they are "real people" and not an Internet Robot Computer SPAM generating machine,  so that we don't get SPAMMED with a bunch of information from say, a Vendor of Parts for the Rotax engine,  or a Vendor of New Gizmos for your iPad.  

My belief is that the SCFLIER Forum should be an open forum for those currently INVOLVED in FLYING and OWNING and MAINTAINING a  

SportCruiser/PS-28/PiperSport aircraft,  or folks interested in perhaps someday  BUYING a SportCruiser/PS-28/PiperSport aircraft,  and not a place where the Members get inundated with "cool Airplane stuff to buy".

I also don't want our members to be placed on an Internet Robot Generated Email Address list to receive even more SPAM in their email accounts.   For that reason,  when a new Member asks to join our Forum,   I send the new Member request person an email,  

from

scflieradm@yahoo.com

and ask a few questions - "Do they Own a SportCruiser/PS-28,  where do they fly out of,  are they a Pilot, ....." to make sure the potential new Member is not a ROBOT SPAM COMPUTER,  and that the potential new Member is interesting in learning about or sharing information about their CRUZ LSA aircraft flying / owning experiences.   There are no "wrong" answers to my email "Two Way Communication" to potential New Members.   And,    I RESPECT every Member's Privacy,  and NEVER post any information sent back to me from the New Member in this simple "real person"  email "SCFLIER two way communication verification" process. 

Also, note that there is a question for new Members on the Visual Flight Rules squawk code.    I learned that this code is different in the UK, but the point of the question is the same - a new Member should be familiar with this.    The USA squawk code is what is referred to in the question.

2) A note on the SCFLIER Forum Security - we are an open forum available to viewing by ANYONE/ANYWHERE with Internet Access and a search engine like Google.  Non-Members just "scanning the internet" can not POST anything on the Forum,  but ANYONE/ANYWHERE can READ your text replies and new topic postings on the SCFLIER Forum.

The "Pictures" that you may post on SCFLIER can NOT be seen or accessed  by a Non Member.    

An SCFLIER validated Membership with a Log-On Password is required to VIEW posted Pictures.

But,  other than the SCFLIER Posted images,  just like anything on email or the Internet,   if you post on SCFLIER a text reply or new topic,  it can be read by ANYONE/ANYWHERE on the internet.    The advantage is that we gain a lot of new Members who use Google to find info on Topic XYZ about the SportCruiser.

Once they find there is information out there on SCFLIER about, for example,  SportCruiser canopy issues,  they send a request to join the forum. 

3) A Note on SPAM controls on your personal internet email accounts.

If your email REJECTS all email that is not "already included in your Email Address book of friends and known contacts",  then any message sent to a potential NEW MEMBER from the SCFLIER Forum Admin (me) 

from

scflieradm@yahoo.com

may be rejected by your SPAM checker.

Some advanced SPAM Checkers ask the "unknown email address person" to identify themselves with a short text field,  (See Pic below),  and I do so,   which has allowed me to verify that the potential new Member is NOT a Computer Robot SPAM agent itself.  And these new members get "validated" quickly - usually within a day or so.

just letting potential new SCFLIER Forum members know that your SPAM checker may prevent a person from joining SCFLIER.

4) A note on Privacy- Many SCFLIER Members are "just fine" with revealing lots of personal information on the SCFLIER Forum.  

That is OK,  and certainly Up to The Individual Member if he/she wants to do so.

However,  it is NOT OK to reveal personal information about another Member,  such as their address, phone number,  family members names,  etc.,

if these Members do NOT want that information "posted on the internet for all to see"  

So,  especially for folks in the USA,  where the FAA has a "tail number look up system" available on the web,  be aware that posting your aircraft's tail number (or another person's tail number) does reveal  the aircraft Owner's Name, Address,  and Co-Owners name,   etc.,  available to ANYONE / ANYWHERE on the USA FAA tail number look up website.

Again,  it is UP TO THE MEMBER how much personal information they may reveal,  or NOT.

My policy as the ADMIN is to never reveal ANY personal information about a SCFLIER Forum member unless I get prior approval from them,  

or unless the Member has already posted said information "out there on the internet"  on our SCFLIER Forum. 

5) Finally,   of course you do NOT have to be a Pilot or a SportCruiser/PS-28/PiperSport Aircraft Owner to join the SCFLIER Forum.

Most Members ARE Pilots,  of course, and a high percentage OWN a CRUZ Type LSA,  

but many are NOT licensed Pilots and are NOT aircraft owners,  and that is OK !  

Lots of great info is available from Folks interested in the SportCruiser,   RV-12 Owners,   Bonanza Owners,  Aviation Addicts,  Student Pilots,   Engineers,  "friends" of the SportCruiser family,  etc.,  that don't currently own a SportCruiser,  or are not a licensed Pilot.   Great !!!

Several of our new SCFLIER Forum members are RV-12 LSA Owners/Pilots for example,  because they use the same awesome Rotax 912ULS engine and the same sometimes troublesome Ducati Rectifier/Regulator to provide "12 VDC"  to their avionics electrical system.     And the RV-12 Owners/Pilots  joined to learn more about our SportCruiser troubles with the Ducati rectifier/regulator.   Just one example.  

regardless of your interest in the SportCruiser family of aircraft,   enjoy the SCFLIER Forum.

The Forum is more fun if you participate,  but "lurking" in the background and just reading other folks posts and looking at images posted is OK too.

I can be contacted anytime with suggestions on ways to improve the SCFLIER Forum experience at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

D

Spam_Checker_Email_Sustem.JPG