The value of US SportAircraft to flying owners

I took flight training from Patrick Arzen in 2012. He mentored my thru flying skills and what it meant to be a SC owner. I purchased my first 2010 SC from his stock. I did not buy a SC because of the brand. I bought a SC because Patrick stood behind me and a plane that had lots of problems. He took care of every problem and earned my trust. I would have purchased any brand of plane he recommended.

I suspect that the new venture that CSA is planning will be a failure. Someone is feeding the Czechs stupid pills. Direct entry in to the US direct is a monumental task. I say this with 40 years of Business and Marketing Strategy experience. For example, I and my firm was hired by a Japanese manufacturer to create a strategy for them entering the US market. After 2 years of educating them, they made the same decision against our direction and strategic plan to enter the market on their own. They underestimated the product,pricing,distribution,customer service requirements . Till this day, 8 years later they still do not have distribution or a position in the US market. If SCA thinks current owners will deal with them in South Florida, they are underestimating what Patrick and US Sport brings to the party. I have a 2016 special order Sport Cruiser. Every flight brings problems (voltage,electrical,oil and overheating problems caused by an improperly installed over flow plastic bottle from the factory. Patrick is always there to fix the problem.

My opinion.....no Patrick, no Sport Cruiser.

I agree that US Sport has had a lot to do with the success of the marque and that direct entry by a foreign manufacturer is a tough road. Based on what little information is available its a little unclear as to whether that is in fact what CSA has in mind or if what they are actually doing is entering into a marketing and support  arrangement with a new US representative.