SCFLIER Forum Website Software Upgrade from "3.X" to "4.X" Notices

Attention to all SCFLIER Forum Members

our Website Software - provided by a company that handles all the website structure,  posting major topic outlines,  user interactions, responses to internet SCFLIER login and Posting Updates, Uploads,  etc.

will be updated from a no longer supported software version "3.X" to the latest, supportable website software "4.X"

TOMORROW Wednesday 4/26/2017.

The new Website will have a slightly different look and feel.    

Having supportable website baseline SW is important to maintaining the security and reliable operation of the SCFLIER Forum.

In the new "4.X" Software, 

there will no longer be a distinction between "User Names" and "Display Names".  These two data fields will be merged into one name for each user. 

User Names are what you use to LogIn with - your Login ID.

Display Names are usually, for most of our members,  identical to your Login ID (User Name),  

but some SCFLIER Forum Members have chosen to have a different, unique  "Display Name" next to their Avatar on the screen for all to see.   

Having a different UserName and DisplayName is no longer possible in the new "4.X" Software.

In order to maintain the ability for all to still Log In and have access to SCFLIER after the SW Update,

we will be carrying forward AS IS everyone's  (Log In) "User Name".    Your Password also carries forward AS IS.

After the update,  we can handle the "Display Name" differences for the few SCFLIER members that want to change their ID on a case by case basis.    If you have a different "Display Name" than User Name now,  it would be good for those very few SCFLIER Members in that situation to remember BOTH their Display Name and User Name for future potential updates if needed by your friendly Admin.

Regards

D

The SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is now fully Operational

with the latest supportable new 4.X SW version of the website, including a new look and feel and some interesting new features. 

An initial check shows everything is working, and our content is available once again on the forum.

The main SCFLIER Image "Logo Theme" is now working.     

I will also work to change the "Display Name" of those SCFLIER users who had a different "Display Name" than their "Username" (login ID)

Please let me know via my email below if you want this done -- only affects a small subset of our Forum Members who changed their "Display Name"  to something different from their login ID.

Please contact me at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

if there are any issues. 

Regards and have fun

Dave

On 4/25/2017 at 4:24 PM, admin said:

Attention to all SCFLIER Forum Members

our Website Software - provided by a company that handles all the website structure,  posting major topic outlines,  user interactions, responses to internet SCFLIER login and Posting Updates, Uploads,  etc.

will be updated from a no longer supported software version "3.X" to the latest, supportable website software "4.X"

TOMORROW Wednesday 4/26/2017.

The new Website will have a slightly different look and feel.    

Having supportable website baseline SW is important to maintaining the security and reliable operation of the SCFLIER Forum.

In the new "4.X" Software, 

there will no longer be a distinction between "User Names" and "Display Names".  These two data fields will be merged into one name for each user. 

User Names are what you use to LogIn with - your Login ID.

Display Names are usually, for most of our members,  identical to your Login ID (User Name),  

but some SCFLIER Forum Members have chosen to have a different, unique  "Display Name" next to their Avatar on the screen for all to see.   

Having a different UserName and DisplayName is no longer possible in the new "4.X" Software.

In order to maintain the ability for all to still Log In and have access to SCFLIER after the SW Update,

we will be carrying forward AS IS everyone's  (Log In) "User Name".    Your Password also carries forward AS IS.

After the update,  we can handle the "Display Name" differences for the few SCFLIER members that want to change their ID on a case by case basis.    If you have a different "Display Name" than User Name now,  it would be good for those very few SCFLIER Members in that situation to remember BOTH their Display Name and User Name for future potential updates if needed by your friendly Admin.

Regards

D

16 hours ago, DavidKarenVV said:

The SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is now fully Operational

with the latest supportable new 4.X SW version of the website, including a new look and feel and some interesting new features. 

An initial check shows everything is working, and our content is available once again on the forum.

The main SCFLIER Image "Logo Theme" is now working.     

I will also work to change the "Display Name" of those SCFLIER users who had a different "Display Name" than their "Username" (login ID)

Please let me know via my email below if you want this done -- only affects a small subset of our Forum Members who changed their "Display Name"  to something different from their login ID.

Please contact me at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

if there are any issues. 

Regards and have fun

Dave

David,

An observation on the new software upgrade.  In a conversation with three (3) or more pages, I can't find the "last unread" button that takes me to the last unread post for that article.  I have to page over to the last page then scroll down to the last post.

Which brings up another thought.  Is there something in settings that lets the forum member select seeing the last post first?  In other words, when I open a conversation, the most recent post displays first and then the oldest post shows up on the last page.  Just a thought!

Here is some info from our friends at IPS who developed the new software we are now using   

the IPS developers suggest:

"On the forum index, if you click the last topic it will bring you to the last unread post.

In forum view, if you click the dot next to the topic title it will bring you to the last unread post. In activity streams, it should automatically bring you to the last read post.

Unfortunately, the posts themselves cannot be re-ordered to last unread being first."

however, I (your friendly admin)will request that change be made to the software via ADMIN feedback

keep the questions and ideas coming -lots of new features to learn how to use best....

Dave

After one week of Operation with our new, supportable,  IPS Software Version 4, 

it would appear that all is operating correctly with minimal problems.

some Admin activity behind the scenes:

1. Forum Security settings have been checked and updated by me to match previous settings that we were using on IPS SW 3.X.   For example, "Guests", those folks that have not joined the Forum, are not allowed to Post topics, Upload text or images, or download files off the Forum.  Many other settings for various "types" of Members, Guests, Admin, etc., have been checked and verified Same as used on the old SW.       I.E., OK for secure Forum operation.  
  2. The "Member list" has been scanned and checked against our prior list of 249 total Active Members as of May 2, 2017.   It may surprise some to know that over the last 3+ years, MANY MANY HUNDREDS of Spammers and "Robot" computers have attempted to join the forum, and have been STOPPED from receiving access.  I expect the "attacks" and "attempts at entry" by malicious individuals and computer systems  to continue, .....such is the state of the world on the internet today.  
  3. I am working on some minor issues related to email communication links.

I have not had a significant number of complaints from any Members and it appears that folks are learning some of the "tricks and tips" associated with the new SW.   Example :  "Click the Dot" to the left of a bold posting topic to go immediately to the latest unread post in that topic  

I will be glad to forward anyone's unique technical questions to our Website Maintainer folks or answer questions if I know the answer   

Please contact me directly at 

scflieradm@yahoo.com

if there are any issues. 

Regards and have fun

Dave

To Existing SCFLIER Forum members and potential New Members to the Forum

with our new IPS "4.X" Software upgrade,   most all of our SCFLIER Forum is now working and fully operational.  

Lots of great improvements and awesome features.

However,  the "automatic link" of folks "Contacting the Forum" is NOT currently sending me, the Admin,  any messages on my SCFLIER Forum email address

scflieradm@yahoo.com

The problem appears to be a rejection from the yahoo folks for third party email forwarding from our SCFLIER Forum.

So,  if you think that you have "Contacted The Forum" OnLine,   in actuality,  this feature may not be working, and I may NOT have received any emails.

a simpler,  better way to get a personal message to me is to email me directly (from your email account) to my 

Admin Address of

scflieradm@yahoo.com

Thanks

Dave