SCFLIER Forum Activated Members Count

The Current Active, Validated Members with Log-In Privileges on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is

251 Members

as of May 14, 2017.

We  also have two potential new members in the "Validating" email exchange process which helps to weed out SPAMMERs,  Robot Computers, and other Internet Forum problem sources...

for a potential total SCFLIER SportCruiser Member count of 253 Members later this week !

to all New Members,  and those already activated SCFLIER Forum Members who simply "Lurk" on the forum,   reading material and viewing images and interesting CRUZ LSA related links, but not actually Partcipating by posting material,   there is a "Participation Raffle" on the SCFLIER Forum where your raffle ticket gets ACTIVATED with the completion of at least 4 SCFLIER Forum posts of cool pictures,  flying trips,  maintenance questions or solutions, ..., pictures of your home airport, ....and on and on..... of your SportCruiser, PS-28, or Piper Sport LSA adventures !    

See  GDL-39 3D ADSB In Receiver SCFLIER "Participation" Raffle  here on SCFLIER for more details of the Participation Raffle where one lucky winner will receive a Garmin GDL-39 3D ADSB IN Traffic and Weather receiver with AHRS on July 31, 2017,  right after OSHKOSH AirVenture 2017 !  

Also included for the one lucky winner are two external mount antennas (GPS top mount and ADSB-IN belly mount low drag blade antenna with all required cabling and GDL-39 3D adapters for maximum range reception from the USA FAA ADSB ground Radio Towers of the way cool ADSB IN free traffic and weather information provided in the USA).   Simply add the "hard wire" cable to feed Traffic and Weather information to your CRUZ LSA specific Garmin GPS Map display device (696, 796, 660, ....) and start enjoying Traffic and Weather right there on your cockpit GPS Map !

And, for those located outside the USA,  the Garmin GDL-39 3D ADSB IN Receiver with AHRS can  receive 1090 Mhz airborne ADSB OUT equipped aircraft traffic and provide a backup attitude source for your cockpit with the GDL-39 3D AHRS !  Compatible with GPS Garmin Portable Map Displays and iPad/Android Garmin Pilot and ForeFlight applications....

Welcome to all our new SCFLIER Forum Members !

Dave

SCFLIER_SportCruiser_Forum_Activated_Valid_Members_Count_May-14-2017.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, admin said:

Simply add the "hard wire" cable to feed Traffic and Weather information to your CRUZ LSA specific Garmin GPS Map display device (696, 796, 660, ....) and start enjoying Traffic and Weather right there on your cockpit GPS Map !

Dave,

Question, is the Garmin 660 approved to be hard wired in the SportCruiser?  Need explained as I have a portable 660 but not installed in instrument panel because I don't think it is part of the equipment list.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,  Bob

Hi Bob,

It is NOT approved and likely never will be. It's an amazing unit and even superior to the 796 as the touch screen is far better technology.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but what Dave is giving away (GDL-39 3D) CAN NOT "legally" be "hardwired" into any S-LSA aircraft. It's not approved by CSA at this time. Will it be is anyone's guess. The GPS antenna maybe (depending on which one it is) and the ADS-B blade antenna also cannot be installed in any S-LSA. 

I converted my Sportcruiser to E-LSA so I could install the 660 in my panel. AirGizmo makes a panel dock that fits in the same hole as the 396,496 unit. I also added the new Garmin GTR-200 comm radio, hard wired in a GDL-39 3D ADS-B IN receiver and removed my PM Engineering intercom as the new Garmin radio has an awesome 3D stereo intercom built in.

Making a decision now on ADS-B OUT to complete my new avionics.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn!

Yes, I have seen pictures of your ADS-B set-up, which is totally awesome by the way, and will probably end up going your route if CSA doesn't come through with an upgrade for us.  We will hold off until early 2019 on the conversion from Special LSA to Experimental LSA then do the ADS-B upgrade unless CSA approves something earlier.  Tired of keeping my fingers crossed though! 

Bob

47 minutes ago, Crusader16 said:

...and will probably end up going your route if CSA doesn't come through with an upgrade for us.  We will hold off until early 2019 on the conversion from Special LSA to Experimental LSA then do the ADS-B upgrade unless CSA approves something earlier.  Tired of keeping my fingers crossed though! 

I'm right there with you, Bob.  Thought I'm not likely to wait that long.  I'm hoping to hear from Cruiser Aircraft after Oshkosh to see what was worked out with CSA.  If there's no announcement, or something that won't work for the already sold SportCruisers out there, I'm going E-LSA and following Shawn's lead.  I like the reduced pilot workload, and I want an ADS-B solution in/out sooner rather than later.  I've already had one extremely close call in towered airspace, and have no intention of ever getting that close to another aircraft again. :huh:

The "other" Bob  :P

All good comments above.  Agree.  

And, since I have already converted from a Special factory built S-LSA CRUZ to a USA FAA Experimental E-LSA, please forgive me for discussing  simple, elegant, effective, proven ways to improve the SportCruiser S-LSA line of aircraft that CSA could issue individual tail number specific Letters of Authorization for installation of GARMIN GDL-39 ADSB-IN receivers in a CRUZ S-LSA, and/or that CSA could include the GARMIN GDL-39 line of ADS-B IN receivers in their "manufacturer's Instruction for S-LSA installation", AKA documenting allowed use of INSTALLED GARMIN GDL-39 ADSB IN receivers with external ADSB IN belly antennas and hard wired to 396/496/696/796 GARMIN GPS map displays in the CSA CRUZ S-LSA IPC Illustrated Parts Catalog.

Portable use of battery powered, not installed hard wired,  GDL-39 ADSB IN receivers operating on a CRUZ S-LSA ? YES.

HardWired use of GDL-39 ADSB IN receivers with installed external antennas in a CRUZ S-LSA ?  NOT ALLOWED Without a CSA S-LSA LOA or IPC documentation.

I've gotten so used to implementing "Minor" but very effective, existing, proven, readily available  Garmin and Dynon hardware/software improvements to our Experimental E-LSA CRUZ that I did not  add a  disclaimer in the post directly above  about "needing a CSA S-LSA LOA for installation of XYZ improvement to production CRUZ S-LSA aircraft operating in the USA.....".  

But, the "GDL-39 3D raffle" instructions in another SCFLIER post DO include a note stating "ADSB IN Equipment Installation and Compliance with the USA FAA (or your country’s regulating authority) and LightSportAircraft S-LSA and E-LSA rules and regulations are the responsibility of the winner."

Today,  the hardwired GDL-39 3D  ADSB IN receiver (and External GPS & ADS-B IN antennas) and the way cool GARMIN Aera 660 GPS Map display are NOT USA FAA Legal (...today...) to use INSTALLED, hard wired interfaced in a CRUZ S-LSA without a CSA Letter of Authorization and/or CSA IPC installation documentation.

In a USA E-LSA (S-LSA CRUZ converted to an Experimental E-LSA),  all of the "raffle items" (GDL-39 3D powered by aircraft +12V DC wiring,  hard wired to a Garmin GPS Map and operating with two external antennas) and also the Aera 660 for those CRUZ E-LSA owners currently with a 396 or 496, would of course be legal to install in an E-LSA  without an LOA from CSA,  assuming that the proper installation documentation was recorded in the aircraft logs by the E-LSA owner.

However,  note that  in some current production S-LSA CRUZ aircraft,   for example a later model CRUZ S-LSA with a 796 Garmin GPS Map display,   the portable (battery powered) GDL-39 3D can effectively interface wirelessly to the 796 for display of ADS-B IN Traffic and Weather right there on the 796 GPS Map display,  and also the "3D" backup AHRS feature of a GDL-39 3D portable battery powered unit will function on a 796 without any "hard wires" attached to the GDL-39 required.

The (S-LSA CSA LOA required for use) external ADSB IN belly mount antenna provides benefits in low altitude or remote, mountainous area situations where the USA FAA ADSB ground radio towers are more difficult to be "seen" and where greater ADSB IN antenna reception performance is needed, but the GDL-39 3D will work in most "normal altitude" flatlander scenarios just fine at medium to high altitude receiving data link traffic and weather from USA FAA ground radio towers  using only its internal GPS antenna and stubby (portable) ADSB IN antenna.  

However, even in "flat" terrain areas, the external ADSB-IN antenna provides performance advantages over the stubby (portable) stock GDL-39 ADSB IN antenna.   For example, with our GDL-39 R using an external RAMI AV-74 ADSB IN belly mount antenna, we can receive and display on our Garmin 696 Map display ADSB IN datalink FIS-B Weather information ON THE GROUND, !!!, when parked 10 Nmiles away from the DFW ADSB FAA radio towers.  This long range reception of ADSB IN weather data was not possible testing a GDL-39 with only the portable stubby ADSB IN Antenna when pre-flighting equipment On the Ground.  The larger metal aircraft belly ground plane for the external RAMI AV-74 antenna improves antenna performance, as well as no metal structure inbetween the ADSB IN external antenna and the FAA radio towers in flight..

Having an "all Garmin" ADS-B OUT and IN solution provides advantages,  especially in display of the ADSB IN Traffic on a Garmin GPS Map.    With Garmin ADSB IN Traffic data, select Garmin GPS display Maps provides the Traffic "Target Trend" feature,  a more sophisticated prediction of where an airborne traffic target WILL be in 5 minutes/2 minutes/1 minute/30 seconds (time outlook depends on Traffic display range selected), and the Target Trend green arrow symbols are displayed right there on select Garmin GPS Map cockpit panel screens.   Also,  the "Unrestricted", "Normal", "Below", and "Above" Traffic filtering choices are available on select Garmin GPS Map displays when interfaced with a Garmin GDL-39. 

Of course having ADS-B OUT operating on one's aircraft "triggers" the USA FAA Ground stations to provide ALL airborne traffic in the +- 3500 ft altitude, 30 Nmile "hockey puck" that follows YOUR aircraft,  assuming that the aircraft is in range of the FAA ADSB ground radio towers.

And ALL the Garmin GDL-39 units (GDL-39 "base",  GDL-39 R --Remote mount,  and GDL-39 3D with AHRS) are Dual Band Traffic receivers (both 978 Mhz and 1090 Mhz),  an advantage over early Navworx UAT 978 Mhz only ADSB IN Traffic receivers and also early model SkyView  single band (978 Mhz Only) ADSB IN traffic receivers,  especially when out of range of the FAA ADSB ground radio towers or flying "too low" or blocked by terrain and the ADSB-R Rebroadcast of 1090 Mhz targets can NOT be received on the 978 Mhz UAT frequency, EVEN IF your aircraft is compliant and PARTICIPATING with a USA FAA approved ADSB OUT transceiver.  

Finally,  using the GDL-39 3D unit as a portable battery powered ADSB IN receiver,  without hard wiring to your (for example) 696 GPS Map display still can provide useful ADSB IN Traffic and Weather to your portable iPad or Android device,  running Garmin Pilot,  or also the ForeFlight application.   But especially with a 696 Garmin GPS Map display,  common on MANY of the Non-SkyView equipped SportCruisers and PiperSports with Garmin 696 Map displays,   hard wiring the GDL-39 to the 696 is the only way to get the full benefits of free GDL-39 ADSB IN Traffic and Weather displayed right there on the GARMIN 696 Cockpit Display Map. 

It is anyone's guess what CSA may announce as their preferred ADSB OUT (and In ??) approved solution(s) for older Non-SkyView equipped CRUZ S-LSAs.  

SkyView equipped CRUZ S-LSA can easily upgrade to "2020" ADSB OUT and Dual Band Traffic ADSB IN with very economical SkyView upgrades announced recently and flying today in the latest SportCruisers.    Awesome. 

For the non-SkyView equipped CRUZ aircraft, my opinion is that an "all Garmin" ADSB OUT and IN solution,  for example using a Garmin GTX335 ADSB OUT "all in one" transponder with internal WAAS GPS to fulfill the ADSB OUT USA FAA Mandate would be a great choice coupled with a (proven for many years) GARMIN GDL-39 ADSB IN Receiver (base model, Remote, or 3D) hard wired to any of the early CRUZ S-LSA Garmin GPS Map units (396/496 Traffic only,  and 696 Full Traffic and Weather) to provide  an awesome ADSB OUT and IN CRUZ S-LSA Upgrade path.    

Who knows what CSA has in their plans for ADSB Out and IN LOA's or CSA IPC documentation for the Non-SkyView USA CRUZ S-LSAs.   Perhaps CSA will only supply an ADSB OUT USA solution ?.

But an ADSB OUT only solution misses entirely the HUGE safety advantages of free ADSB IN Traffic and Weather displayed on the cockpit panel GPS Map display.    

Letters of Authorization from CSA seem to be a very rare thing.    Without an S-LSA LOA,   going Experimental E-LSA opens up a world of choices,  including INSTALLING in the PANEL  the new portable Garmin GPS Map Display device called the Aera 660, an excellent choice,  as Shawn and others have noted,  the Aera 660 GPS Map unit will fit just fine in the older "Legacy" CZAW SportCruisers in place of a 396 or 496 in the smaller vertical dash height.

And the Aera 660 will interface wirelessly to a GDL-39,  no Hard (installed) Wiring required.   The Aera 660 and GDL-39 coupled with a suitable ADSB OUT unit could be an Awesome CSA approved ? TBD ? CRUZ S-LSA ADSB OUT and IN solution. especially for the Legacy CZAW SportCruisers.    

For today, in an S-LSA CRUZ, the "GDL-39 3D ADSB IN / AHRS Raffle Unit" must remain battery powered, PORTABLE (without external antennas or hard -installed - wiring to a Garmin GPS map) -----in the current state of operating CSA S-LSA in the USA FAA Regulated S-LSA world. 

And,  if the Raffle Winner's aircraft remains S-LSA,  and CSA does not provide an LOA for the "non portable" INSTALLED, WIRED use of a Garmin GDL-39 ADSB IN solution,  the raffle winner  could always SELL the 2 External Antennas and wiring/adapters and operate the GDL-39 portable -- battery powered -- the GDL-39 3D still has awesome capabilities in the portable configuration...    

but wow what a capability the proven GARMIN GDL-39 ADSB IN receiver can provide to the SportCruiser/PiperSport Light Sport Aircraft when INSTALLED,  fully integrated with an  installed Garmin GPS Map Cockpit display (and Garmin  Radio, and Dynon AutoPilot, ....and.....)  coupled with an ADSB OUT USA FAA compliant solution.

The GARMIN GDL-39 line of ADSB IN receivers are not new.  They have been in use with GARMIN GPS Map displays for years on other aircraft....

Dave

01_Garmin_GDL-39_3D_Compatibility_With_Garmin_GPS_Map_Display_units.jpg

Thanks Dave for the excellent clarification.  The combination of Garmin 660 GPS and GDL39 antenna used as portable devises in our aircraft are excellent aids to navigation, traffic, and weather.  I'm sure the raffle winner will be quite pleased with the utility of the 39.  Thanks again Dave for your input.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words Crusader16. I do love my new avionics. Here's a pic of them side by side. The "new" side is a little darker as it was taken inside my hangar shortly after the install. If you look close you can actually see TRAFFIC on the 660 from the GDL-39 3D unit. Again this was picking up traffic inside my hangar. N3113G is a Beech Bonanza SE of my hangar location at +69 which is 6900 feet above me on the ground. The flash did put a bit of glare on the 660 but you can see the GDL-39 3D working.

new and old avionics side by side.jpg

I am SOOOO (unashamedly) copying that center panel!  :P

Thanks for posting the pics, Shawn!  I can't believe how much bigger the Aera 660 display area is over the 396!  I knew the display was wider, but the touch screen really does a nice job integrating the buttons onto the screen and enlarging the map and other features.  I think this is the way I'm going too...

Totally agree with the Awesomeness of Shawn's new Avionics Stack with the Garmin Aera 660, Garmin GTR200 Nav/Comm,  Garmin GTX327 Transponder, and Dynon AP74 AutoPilot in a very well engineered complete package.

We originally learned to fly with a Garmin 496 GPS Map, and are familiar with the 396,  and the Aera 660 is MANY light years ahead !

Expect there are similar improvements and technology leaps ahead for the Radio, Transponder, and Intercom/Audio.

Seems like CSA would be interested in selling/supporting an Avionics  "stack kit" to upgrade the CZAW SportCruisers to today's generation technology,  but it seems CSA is only focused on selling the newest SkyView equipped aircraft,  not supporting and upgrading Avionics for the entire CRUZ product line.  Expect it comes down to profit margins....but WOW the value of a CZAW SportCruiser has to increase dramatically with state of the art electronics installed inside.....

Dave

Thanks guys.

Bob, going from the 396 to the 660 is like going from reading your emails on your iPhone 6 to reading them on your iPad mini. Just look at the difference in the brightness of the screens. NO COMPARISON. The fact that I now have a touchscreen sectional in the GPS is awesome. 

Dave, light years ahead is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I know many of you guys have newer planes with all the latest gadgets but for us owners of the legacy aircraft it's like coming out of the stone age. This caveman like! :P 

The amount of data inside the 660 is unbelievable. And it shares that data with my new Garmin GTR-200 (and GTN series radios) and the transponder. Only 1 database to update.

Since the radio is wired via RS-232 to the GPS the radio always knows where it is and will provide all airport frequencies for the 10 closest airports near me without me doing anything. While flying along I simply push the small freq knob on the right and then turn the large knob to scroll through all the airport freq groups nearest me. As you can see if my photo is gives you the freq information below the freq.

Where it reads KZPH ASOS and KZPH UNI is automatic, I didn't add that label, it just knows! To select that freq push the small know and it loads that freq into the standby position. You would be amazed at how it will lessen your workload.

If you have a legacy aircraft this is almost the best setup, only thing you'd change out is the transponder for the new Garmin 335 or 345 to add ADS-B in/out. 

All my new avionics fit right in the same holes with no modifications.

Of Course I did machine the panel to install the AP-74 in the place of the old intercom that's no longer needed. The old intercom is just one more thing to go bad and draw valuable current from our system.

Why CSA still installs the PM3000 in the new planes with the newest Garmin GTR and GTN series radios is beyond me. The radio has an amazing built in intercom far better and far more versatile then the PM3000.

I digress so as not to get off topic and start banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why they do what they do, I'm over it now. :P

• 2 weeks later...

The Current Active, Validated Members with Log-In Privileges on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is

254 Members

as of 5/26/2017 !

...more new SCFLIERs from the United Kingdom and the USA !

encouraging all new members to post a short "Hello from....", with pictures of your CRUZ aircraft, home airport, and CRUZ LSA flying adventures !

also, if you have always wondered how X, Y, or Z worked in your CRUZ LSA aircraft, first check existing SCFLIER SportCruiser forum postings to see if the topic is already covered, if already covered,  add your new question there,  or if not covered somewhere, please find the best spot in the SCFLIER Forum outline, and "Start New Topic" (light green button) to get some answers and opinions on your new topic or question...

if you can't find a good fit in...some examples of Forum Outline Topic Areas.....

• "General Avionics Discussion",  
  • "Rotax Engine",
  • "Airframe/Exterior/Interior",
  • "Software Updates",
  • "Flying Techniques",
  • "Accessories",
  • "General Maintenance",
  • "Rotax Repairmen",
  • ... many more SCFLIER Forum Topic Outline areas...,

then the "Random Thoughts" topic area may be a good "catch all" for any new, unusual, not discussed yet,  topic discussions.

Enjoy !

Forum questions on Use, Login Troubles, or Suggestions can be emailed directly to me (your SCFLIER Admin) at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

And remember, it's OK to disagree and offer a different opinion on any topic, but it is more fun, pleasant,

and encouraging to new Members for ALL SCFLIER Members to RESPECT other Members differing opinions...

We all come from varying backgrounds, life experiences, and a very wide range of Pilot ratings and flying skill levels.   

FLAMING other Members with a rude reply actually REDUCES the desire for everyone, 

especially New Members,  to jump in and Participate on the SCFLIER Forum.

We ALL benefit from new ideas from new Members !  

FRIENDLY Posting is Encouraging to New Members....and please remember, when an individual Forum Member Posts a reply, it may be intended for only ONE Forum Member,  but in actuality,  this "reply" will be read by the previous Posting author, and ALSO ALL of the >250 OTHER Worldwide SCFLIER Forum members.... 

Dave

your SCFLIER Admin

01_How_to_Start_NEW_TOPIC_in_an_Existing_SCFLIER_Forum_Posting_area.JPG

02_SCFLIER_Forum_Outline_page_1.jpg

03_SCFLIER_Forum_Outline_page_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Current Active, Validated Members with Log-In Privileges 

on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is

263  SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 6/13/2017 !

In June, we added New Members from the UK, Ireland and the USA !

We would love to hear from all the new Members !

• Pictures of your SportCruiser aircraft
  • Pictures and comments about the airport that you are based at 
  • Cool ideas on Maintenance, Flying Techniques,  new Avionics, ....
  • SportCruiser flying adventure stories and pictures 
  • and of course Questions that anyone may have on the awesome SportCruiser line of aircraft....

Welcome to all the New Members !

Dave

SCFLIER Admin

• 2 weeks later...

on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 6/28/2017.

Our newest SCFLIER SportCruiser Members are located in:

• Tennessee, USA
  • England
  • the Netherlands
  • Scotland (re-activated Membership) 
  • Minnesota, USA
  • Florida, USA

WELCOME !  

looking forward to some great SCFLIER postings and pictures from a large world wide range of locations where our CRUZ SportCruiser LSAs are flown !

Dave

SCFLIER Forum Admin

On 6/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, admin said:

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 6/28/2017.

Our newest SCFLIER SportCruiser Members are located in:

• Tennessee, USA
  • England
  • the Netherlands
  • Scotland (re-activated Membership) 
  • Minnesota, US
  • Florida, USA

WELCOME !  

looking forward to some great SCFLIER postings and pictures from a large world wide range of locations where our CRUZ SportCruiser LSAs are flown !

Dave

SCFLIER Forum Admin

Great work, Dave!    I KNEW I left the Forum in good hands!

Izzy and Sierra Charlie:

thanks for the kind words

however, I believe the credit for the SCFLIER Forum growth is due to the awesome input from ALL our members who provide great, useful information to other CRUZ LSA owners and Pilots.  

I am especially pleased with the Forum membership growth "outside the USA", .....England, Australia,  Ireland, Scotland, The Netherlands,  ... more....since a LARGE number of the SportCruiser/PS-28 Cruiser aircraft fly in many other countries worldwide, not just the USA. 

We all benefit from the input and discussion from ALL our members !

as an example of the benefit of increased "World Wide" SportCruiser participation and discussion,  there was a video posted recently here on SCFLIER of a very interesting SportCruiser based in the Netherlands (aircraft PH-NOS) with an in-flight adjustable propeller system.    The Dutch Pilot has not "posted" any information on SCFLIER about the system,  but the video led to other websites explaining how the propeller is adjustable in flight.    While not legal to be installed in USA FAA regulated Light Sport Aircraft,  this system IS legal and flying on SportCruisers in other countries.  

The discussion of benefits/tradeoffs/pros/cons of such a fascinating technology in the CRUZ Light Sport Aircraft benefits all SCFLIER Forum members - to me,  more input from more members provides more opportunities for learning.

Please Keep the postings and pictures and videos and INFORMATION about our fine Light Sport Aircraft coming !

Dave

https://youtu.be/tSzo5LtxooM

http://www.airmasterpropellers.com/sportcruiser

• 4 weeks later...

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 7/22/2017 !!!

WELCOME to all the new SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum members !!!

Looking forward to some great CRUZ LSA aircraft postings, pictures, videos, .... from all our new SCFLIER Members

and some CSA CRUZ LSA news and information ....from CSA and CRUISER AIRCRAFT at the USA Experimental Aviation Association

AirVenture at Oshkosh 2017 !!!  

https://youtu.be/To-2QA-iuj4

Dave

SCFLIER Admin

• 2 weeks later...

FYI

Some data on where the current "  Participating*  " SCFLIER Members are from:

• Texas, USA:                     16,     27 %
  • Not Publicly Telling:        13,    22 %
  • Florida, USA:                     7,    12 %
  • California, USA:                4,       7 %
  • United Kingdom:               3,      5 %
  • Arizona, USA:                    2,      3.4 %
  • Australia:                           2
  • Georgia, USA:                   2 
  • Ohio, USA:                        2
  • New Jersey, USA:             2
  • Connecticut, USA:            1,        1.7 %
  • Massachusetts, USA:       1
  • "East Coast", USA:           1
  • New Hampshire, USA:      1
  • The Netherlands:              1
  • Canada:                             1

59 SCFLIER Members are "Participating" out of a total of 274 Active Members as of 7/31/2017

* A SCFLIER Forum Member is "Participating" if they have entered at least 4 total Posts on SCFLIER as of 7/31/2017.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum is now

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 8/24/2017 !!!

WELCOME to all the new SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum members !!!

Please feel free to join in the fun,  

• Post information about your SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28 LSA Aircraft,  
  • or ask questions about the aircraft,  Rotax Engine,  
  • or post pictures of your airplane and flying adventures in the "Members Gallery".

For our Newest SCFLIER Members,  there are only THREE Rules:

1) Respect other Forum Members Opinions.  

It's OK to Disagree,  and sometimes very informative and useful to Disagree,  or to post a Different Opposing Opinion,  

but it is NOT OK  to be Rude or Offensive or Judgmental about one individual's opinion.

On the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum, we have Women and Men,  Pilots at all levels from USA Sport Pilots to Airline ATP Pilots to  Military Combat Experienced Pilots,  SportCruiser/PS-28/PiperSport Aircraft Owners,   Prospective new SportCruiser Owners, a few "competing LSA Aircraft owners" like the Flight Design CT and Van's Aircraft RV-12 LSA  who are interested in our Rotax engine experiences, and maybe ??? UPGRADING ??? Someday ??? to a SportCruiser....,  and  we have  USA Certified  A&P Airframe and PowerPlant Mechanics,   Light Sport LSRM-A Rotax Trained Instructors and Repairmen,  FAA Designated Pilot Examiners,   FAA Designated Airworthiness Representatives, Certified Flight Instructors,  Business Men and Women,  Math Majors,  Engineers, History Majors,  Lawyers,  Teachers,  Doctors, Software Engineers, Dentists, Business Consultants,  Aircraft SalesPeople,  Business Owners of All Types,  Acrobatic (not in the SportCruiser) Pilots,   Glider Pilots, Pilots that operate off of 9000 ft long 150 ft wide concrete paved runways,   Pilots that operate out of narrow 2000 ft grass airstrips and even a few that fly their SportCruiser from a short dirt airstrip,   Pilots that live in Cool Climates,  Hot Climates,   England, Brazil,  Ireland,  Switzerland, the Netherlands,  Australia, Canada,  the USA from California to Texas to Georgia to Wisconsin to Florida to Massachusetts to New Hampshire,   and more Countries WorldWide,  all interested in the Awesome SportCruiser line of Light Sport Aircraft.   A Wide Range of backgrounds, flying skills,  and experiences.  

2) Most Forum Members want to remain "ANONYMOUS" on this Internet Forum available "anywhere by anybody" via Google and other Internet Search Tools.    So unless you know for a fact ahead of time that another member is OK with you posting their personal information such as their full name,  home address,  aircraft tail number,  home airport,  family member names,  etc.,

please Don't Post Other Forum Member's Personal Information on this Forum.    

Some Members are perfectly OK with any and all Information about them being available on the World Wide Web, and some Members Post all kinds of Personal Information here,  and that is a choice for everyone to make,  

but MOST ALL other Members are NOT Comfortable with their Personal Information being posted on the Web.  

So,  Please Respect Everyone's Privacy.  

Remember,  Every time you place a Post on the SCFLIER Forum,  it is immediately available to 280 WorldWide SCFLIER Forum Members.....

3) Have Fun !- it's all about  Information Exchange and LEARNING  new information on our

Favorite Awesome SportCruiser Line of Light Sport Aircraft,   and we all learn from more members

"Participating" in the Information Exchange.    

If we all follow Rules 1) and 2) above,   More Members can feel comfortable about Rule Number 3),  Posting THEIR Opinions,  New Ideas,  Suggestions for SportCruiser LSA Aircraft Improvements, and pictures/videos/posting stories of their Awesome SportCruiser Flying Experiences.  

any questions, suggestions, complaints  - Forum Members can email me direct at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

Enjoy the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum !

Dave

SCFLIER Admin

• 4 weeks later...

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 9/19/2017 !!!

WELCOME to all the new SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum members !!!

Please feel free to join in the fun,  and PARTICIPATE,  which is the best way to LEARN More about the SportCruiser line of Awesome Light Sport Aircraft :

• Post information about your SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28 LSA Aircraft,  
  • or ask questions about the CRUZ Aircraft,  Rotax Engine,  Avionics,  Maintenance Issues or Tips,  
  • or post pictures of your airplane and flying adventures in the "Members Gallery".

Any comments,  complaints,  suggestions,  ...... please email me direct at

SCFLIERADM@yahoo.com

Enjoy

Dave,   SCFLIER Admin

• 4 weeks later...

Today's Count of 

Active, Validated Members with Log-In Privileges 

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 10/14/2017  !!!

WELCOME

to all the

new SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum members !

Please join in the fun,

and

Participate

in your SportCruiser Forum, 

the best way to

Learn More

about the

SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28

CRUZ Type of

Awesome Light Sport Aircraft !

scflieradm@yahoo.com

regards and enjoy the SCFLIER Forum

Dave

Admin

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of interest in joining the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum this week.

Two new members already activated today, and four more are in “validating “, expected to be activated soon.

With six new SCFLIER members this week, , that would push the total Count of 

Active, Validated Members with Log-In Privileges 

on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum to

SCFLIER Forum Members

as of 11/3/2017  !!!

WELCOME

to all the

new SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum members !

Please join in the fun,

and please 

Participate !!! In the SportCruiser Forum

because

Participation

Is the Best Way

to Learn More

about the

Awesome CRUZ TYPE SportCruiser

PiperSport

PS-28

LSA !

scflieradm@yahoo.com

regards and enjoy the SCFLIER Forum

Dave

Admin

Congratulations! I knew that when I saw the 299 number you would be closely monitoring for that magical number 300. I've relied on this forum when the PiperSport I was a partner on would decide to act up on me and always found sound advise and other owners willing to share their experiences and suggestions. For being the great resource that the forum is to ALL SC owners...Thank you!

Izzy