Introducing my self “voluntarily”

Thanks for the addition. 
Currently a 27hr LS student. Forced to take off a year,  right after my dual XC. So behind a bit now, but just now starting back up and hope to finish by end of October. I’m flying the Remos GX in training. Looking at buying a Sport Cruiser by end of the year. Found you guys, and will absolutely be leaning on everyone here while I look for my perfect plane in a few months. Have to take care of some rather big wifey projects first. 

Last week and I finally got to see a SC in person and sit in one. There’s a couple of them at a different school on the field.

I do have a 1hr discovery flight scheduled this weekend in a SC just to tease myself. 😉 

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!   You'll learn LOTS about the Sportcruiser here.

I too trained in a Remos GX.  Pretty docile plane and a good training platform.  I enjoyed flying it, but the Sportcruiser is just more fun in my opinion.  And it certainly has better endurance (carries more fuel) and has much more useful baggage compartment (but make sure you check the Service Bulletin on revised W&B)

That discovery flight will be a deal clincher.  Well, maybe sitting in one was the deal clincher.  But most certainly flying one will be.  I loved how responsive the Sportcruiser was over the Remos, and how it more effortlessly got up to cruise speed.

If I can ask, where are you based?  It is not usual to find several LSA on a field for training, at least on the West Coast.

Yes, welcome to the forum. Like RTK I also started my training in a Remos and bought my SportCruiser about a third or so way in to my training and took my checkride in my SportCruiser. It's a great plane and a joy to fly, I love my SportCruiser. 😍

As for purchasing one, there's a lot to learn on that subject. Are you looking to buy a legacy SportCruiser, pre 2010, or a newer one? They have different handling characteristics and the legacy planes are lighter and faster than the newer ones. Is BEW a concern for you? Please do your homework when looking at a used SportCruiser, S-LSA or E-LSA.

Where are you located? There may be an owner close to you who would be willing to take you flying outside of a "discovery flight" environment. :D

14 minutes ago, rtk said:

Welcome to the forum!   You'll learn LOTS about the Sportcruiser here.

I too trained in a Remos GX.  Pretty docile plane and a good training platform.  I enjoyed flying it, but the Sportcruiser is just more fun in my opinion.  And it certainly has better endurance (carries more fuel) and has much more useful baggage compartment (but make sure you check the Service Bulletin on revised W&B)

That discovery flight will be a deal clincher.  Well, maybe sitting in one was the deal clincher.  But most certainly flying one will be.  I loved how responsive the Sportcruiser was over the Remos, and how it more effortlessly got up to cruise speed.

If I can ask, where are you based?  It is not usual to find several LSA on a field for training, at least on the West Coast.

I’m at GEU here in Arizona. Currently at Fly Eagle Sport. The three Sport Cruisers on the field are part of a bigger school there. 

1 minute ago, LikeToTurnLeft said:

I’m at GEU here in Arizona. Currently at Fly Eagle Sport. The three Sport Cruisers on the field are part of a bigger school there. 

Outstanding - good to try and fly aircraft before you buy.  But Shawn summed it up very well... early (CZAW) built aircraft are a little different than the 2010+ Sportcruisers.  Main thing is weight.  I have an early 2008 Sportcruiser without the parachute, but I have a good amount of useful load.

I'm based out of KFUL.  I'll drop you a line if I ever get out to KGEU.  Summer and Monsoon season isn't the time to fly cross country to Arizona, but I may try to do it over the winter.  Or in February for the Copper State Fly-In (https://www.copperstate.org