Dynon Fuel Computer Settings

Am confused about proper "fuel" settings following top off.  Each fuel gauge reads 12+ after fill.  After top off, should I select "match" or "full" or what on the "fuel" readout?  I have heard that

12+ is maximum indication even though both tanks are full @ 15 gallons.  Also heard that gauge reading will not register below 12+  until fuel level has dropped around 3 or 4 gallons, but not sure.

Thanks for any help you can give.  Arnie

I usually don't mess with the fuel computer to be honest.  I one of those weird people who looks in both tanks and I figure it out by 6 gal per hour. 3 to 3.5 hrs flight time.  I never have less then 5 gallons per side. I think if you setup the computer in skyview its really accurate. but I wont fly it with minimum fuel.

I recalibrated my EMS-120 fuel level senders because I thought they were never accurate. I still dont think they are accurate.

When the tanks were empty I put an exact known quantity of fuel in my tanks. I have four 5 gallon fuel tanks and I added exactly 20 gallons of fuel and then set the fuel computer to 20 gallons. After every fuel addition the Dynon knows I added fuel and asks me how much I added. This is a setting that you have to turn on if you want this reminder. If I tell it exactly how much fuel I added each time it's always dead on for the amount of fuel on board in the tanks regardless of what the fuel gauges read. I preflight with my homemade dip stick to double check but the fuel computer is always right as to the total amount of fuel on board.

I never press the "full" button. Actually I can't remember the last time I ever topped it off.

I use the fuel computer and my dipstick more than I use the fuel gauges. The fuel computer always knows the total amount of fuel on board and the flow, it hasn't let me down yet.

I also think like Ronin, I dont like it when I have less than 5 per side.

If I topped off, I hit 'Full' (that number determined in settings and can be set to 29 gals for a little margin) If I took on 10 gals say, I rotate the knob to add 10 gals. I have found the fuel system in the SC with Skyview to be very accurate and trustworthy (but verify!). If you hit 'Match' when full the quantity will bump to 24 gals, since fuel level is unreadable above 12 gals./side due to sloping fuel tank and sender position.