How to Change the SCFLIER Forum Logo "Theme" Displayed

Available with the new IPS Software version 4.X,  since late April 2017....

For those that may want to display a different "THEME" (Logo) up at the top of every page on the SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum,  here is how to do it.  See pics below for where to click on the SCFLIER Forum page...

1. After you log in with your "Display Name" and "Password",   Look Down at the very bottom of the SCFLIER Forum page
  2. Find the "THEME" choice button in the center left of the bottom of the page
  3. Click the Down Arrow to the right of "Theme",  and three choices (today) of Logo "Themes" come up available for you to select:
    1. The boring,  default,  "IPS Community Suite" Theme
    2. A large, SCFLIER Forum banner with a nice picture of a new SportCruiser flying over downtown Dallas,  in the Bravo Airspace near KDAL Love Field
    3. A "Minimalist" SCFLIER  Forum banner with a small picture of the SportCruiser in choice 2 above
  4. Once you have your choice selected with your mouse,  CLICK on it,  and the new "Theme" will be used on your SCFLIER Pages until you decide to change it

That's It.

Enjoy

Dave

01_How_to_Change_The_SCFLIER_Forum_Main_Logo_Theme.jpg

02_Click_the-DownArrow_Next_to_THEME_to_Bring_Up_Choices_Available.jpg

03_Place_Your_Mouse_Cursor_Over_Your_Theme_Choice_and_Click.jpg

04_Boring_.IPS_Community_Suite_Forum_Theme_Logo.jpg

05_Exciting_SCFLIER_Forum_Banner_and_New_SportCruiser_over_Downtown_Dallas.jpg

06_Minimalist_SCFLIER_Forum_Banner_and_Smaller_Image_of_New_SportCruiser.jpg

FYI to all SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum Members

I deleted the IPS SW version 4.X "original default choice" of the SCFLIER Theme Logo showing "IPS Community Suite" today.

Now there are only two Member Selectable Theme Logos available:

1. The SCFLIER Forum banner with a large picture of a new model CRUZ LSA flying in the Bravo Airspace near Dallas Love Field (this is the new DEFAULT Theme Logo).  Use this Theme (or select it) if you love looking at an Awesome SportCruiser aircraft flying in some of the busiest airspace in the USA.
  2. The "Minimalist" SCFLIER Forum banner with a much Smaller picture of the same CRUZ LSA over Downtown Dallas.    Select this Theme if you want a very small banner and CRUZ LSA Picture up at the top of every page.

Enjoy your SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum Theme Logos.

Soon,  I would like to add three new choices for the SCFLIER Forum Theme Logo for Members living in the following three countries:

1. Ireland
  2. Australia
  3. United Kingdom

If any of our SCFLIER Forum Members from these three countries have images that they may want used in a third, fourth, and fifth Member selectable Theme Logo to appear at the top of all the SCFLIER Pages for their use,  please send me your Ireland, Australia, or UK SportCruiser images to 

scflieradm@yahoo.com

Thanks !

Dave

SCFLIER Admin

WmInce

Thanks much for pointing out the smaller SCFLIER Forum banner image "overlap" problem in an iPad operating in Landscape Mode.

I duplicated the problem on an iPad in Landscape mode,  and believe I have it fixed now.

Please advise

Thanks

Dave

It has to do with the size of the graphic Dave has uploaded and what device you are viewing it on. It would look even better if he removed the background color and let the SCFLIER text and image float on the blue background.

Then it would look perfect on any device or display size.

WmInce

Yes,   I see that.   Somewhat annoying, certainly not Perfect,  but I think the latest version is improved over prior imagery where the data was "on top" of each other and mostly unreadable near the "Buttons".   

The IPS Software has trouble registering and aligning different pixel size forum banner images on their 4.X Website SW.

I chose to "quickly hit the compromise" where no "button" or image data was obscured,  and it looked usable to me as is....I can spend more time working on an exact match by manually setting uploadable SCFLIER Forum banner  sizes with  X by Y defined pixel images to the Website SW if this really bothers you.  However,  the Website interface is fairly clunky and it is a trial and error process,   which may interrupt others' viewing of the key "buttons" on the top while I iterate changes to a "perfect" solution.....

My "new forum banner imagery test plan" includes the following "computer display types" that I test each banner image change against:

• HP Desktop Computer with large 22 Inch Screen
  • HP Laptop Computer with smaller 14 inch screen
  • iPhone 6S
    • Portrait display mode
    • Landscape display mode
  • iPad Mini
    • Portrait display mode
    • Landscape display mode

As you can see,  I will need to test six computer display types for each banner modification made.  I believe that the iPad Mini display "look" is similar if not identical to a "full size iPad",  but I no longer carry a "full size" iPad,  so that is another untested (by me) variable.   As you can see,  my list of various displays to test and verify banner performance doesn't include Android Devices.  Curious if we have anyone reading the SCFLIER Forum on an Android device.  

Friendly Feedback Welcome....

Dave

2 minutes ago, DavidKarenVV said:

WmInce

Yes,   I see that.   Somewhat annoying, certainly not Perfect,  but I think the latest version is improved over prior imagery where the data was "on top" of each other and mostly unreadable near the "Buttons".   

The IPS Software has trouble registering and aligning different pixel size forum banner images on their 4.X Website SW.

I chose to "quickly hit the compromise" where no "button" or image data was obscured,  and it looked usable to me as is....I can spend more time working on an exact match by manually setting uploadable SCFLIER Forum banner  sizes with  X by Y defined pixel images to the Website SW if this really bothers you.  However,  the Website interface is fairly clunky and it is a trial and error process,   which may interrupt others' viewing of the key "buttons" on the top while I iterate changes to a "perfect" solution.....

My "new forum banner imagery test plan" includes the following "computer display types" that I test each banner image change against:

• HP Desktop Computer with large 22 Inch Screen
  • HP Laptop Computer with smaller 14 inch screen
  • iPhone 6S
    • Portrait display mode
    • Landscape display mode
  • iPad Mini
    • Portrait display mode
    • Landscape display mode

As you can see,  I will need to test six computer display types for each banner modification made.  I believe that the iPad Mini display "look" is similar if not identical to a "full size iPad",  but I no longer carry a "full size" iPad,  so that is another untested (by me) variable.   As you can see,  my list of various displays to test and verify banner performance doesn't include Android Devices.  Curious if we have anyone reading the SCFLIER Forum on an Android device.  

Friendly Feedback Welcome....

Dave

Thank you Dave, for the feedback. I like the new site.

I guess it's kinda' like me . . . a work in progress.

Well,  that sounds great Shawn,  but that's not the way the IPS Software 4.X works.

It lays the "Website" buttons on TOP of the Image that I upload to the site.  Not as sophisticated as it might could be.

So,  the banner image background must be "color matched" to the existing IPS Software background image.  They are not "separable".

There is a new version out there now....

Dave

1 minute ago, DavidKarenVV said:

Well,  that sounds great Shawn,  but that's not the way the IPS Software 4.X works.

It lays the "Website" buttons on TOP of the Image that I upload to the site.  Not as sophisticated as it might could be.

So,  the banner image background must be "color matched" to the existing IPS Software background image.  They are not "separable".

There is a new version out there now....

Dave

Bingo Dave!

That looks great.

Thank you for all your effort.

Maybe I should have said "make the background transparent". The SCFLIER text and your pic will appear to float on the blue IPS background and you wouldn't have to worry about color matching anything because as you can see it doesn't quite match. If your happy........

Just offering my services to help.