SCFLIER Forum website software upgrade coming soon to Version 4.2.X

FYI and for your "preparation"

the IPS company that handles our SCFLIER Forum Website has been working on some upgrades to our latest April 2017  "version 4" software. 

My attitude on software upgrades is that they are a good thing, and can provide new features and security protection enhancements.   Good to "keep up" with the software upgrades.

However, I do not like to "jump" and Upgrade ANY software on the FIRST VERSION of a new Major release, instead waiting a while for the bugs to get worked out to keep from messing up the forum with not totally "ready" Software Upgrades.  

About a month ago, version 4.2 came out. 

Then, about two weeks ago, 4.2.1 was advertised to fix "bugs and problems" with 4.2. 

And, this week, version 4.2.2 was advertised to fix additional small issues and repair security issues found by IPS forum customers. 

So, we are getting close to Upgrading our software soon - probably in the next few weeks if no more "bug fix iterations" come out....

for those interested in the "What's New " coming with SCFLIER Forum Website software upgrade "4.2.X",

here is a teaser YouTube video...

https://youtu.be/FIX9QuyZsxc

stay tuned

Dave

your friendly, but cautious with software upgrades until the always expected SW bugs get fixed....

SCFLIER Admin

• 4 weeks later...

FYI and for your "preparation"

to all SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum Members

I will be upgrading the SCFLIER Forum IPS Software to 

the latest Version 4.2.3 

which is now available as of yesterday,  

and advertised by our Website Software Support Company to provide new features,   fix additional small issues and repair security issues found by other IPS forum customers.

If  you have any Material on the SCFLIER Forum that is NOT Backed up somewhere by you in a Personal Backup Drive,  you may want to take action today to protect that material as you may see fit.

I expect minimal problems with this 4.2.3 SCFLIER Website Software Upgrade,  but being Prepared may be wise.

The 4.2.3 Upgrade should occur tomorrow,  Thursday Afternoon,  about 20:00 Zulu time, on 8/31/2017.  

There may be some downtime with the SCFLIER Forum not accessible during the Upgrade.

Enjoy

Dave

WmInce

i understand the request, but the last time I checked with our Website supplier DELETION of a prior Member's post was not included in the new Version 4.2.3.

However, EVERYONE can

EDIT

their own existing "OLD" posts, and one way to "Delete" the post is to Edit your old Post so that there is ZERO Material left  in the post   remaining.  

"select all", "cut" (delete) the typing selected, and delete any attached pictures you no longer like (click the little "trash can" Icon on top of the picture list at the bottom of the EDIT area) and 

EVERYTHING -- all typing and images and links, etc., in that post can be simply removed by the original SCFLIER who generated the post.   

This takes a few more clicks, but it removes the essence of a prior post.  

Same effect as a "one click Delete".

Of course

SCFLIER "Sally Jones"

can NOT  EDIT the post

That was originally entered by

SCFLIER "James Smith"....  

An example with fictitious names of course...apologies to any Real SCFLIER Members  with the last names "Jones" and "Smith".

The SCFLIER

POSTS "belong" to the SCFLIER Member that generated them and they can be Edited ONLY by the original Member person who entered that particular post.

Of course the Admin can delete any posts that may be objectionable in some way but we never have had that problem here....

Any SCFLIER Member can 

EDIT

their  old posts if you want to correct an error or delete all comments you entered, or if you change your mind about what you may have typed, or if you want to add new information later....it is also

YOUR CHOICE

if you want to click the

"Show that the message has been edited"

choice box - this will flag the Edited post as NEW to all Members,

or a Member can just manually type into the original post during your Post EDIT, some words like 

".....I edited this post on June 5, 2017 because of ......"

this way avoids boring everyone with  some detail editing that you may want to do, perhaps to correct a spelling error ??? or change something perhaps not worth NOTIFYING  ALL SCFLIER  Members about, via their "Blue dots and Blue stars symbols"  the next time they log in   ......

Lots of choices..... 

Regards

D

33 minutes ago, DavidKarenVV said:

. . . EVERYONE can

EDIT

their own existing "OLD" posts, and one way to "Delete" the post is to Edit your old Post so that there is ZERO Material left  in the post   remaining.  

"select all", "cut" (delete) the typing selected, and delete any attached pictures you no longer like (click the little "trash can" Icon on top of the picture list at the bottom of the EDIT area) and 

EVERYTHING -- all typing and images and links, etc., in that post can be simply removed by the original SCFLIER who generated the post.   

This takes a few more clicks, but it removes the essence of a prior post.  

Same effect as a "one click Delete".

The above is not true, at least, that has been my experience.

After following your directions, when I attempt to delete text in a previous post I made, I am presented with a dialog box that says,

"You can't submit empty content here. Please enter some content and try again."

That is contrary to what you stated above.

Dave,

Thanks for the prompt reply. And also, thanks for all you do for us (Karen too!).

The same vender (Envision Power Services) provides service to the CT Flier Forum (http://ctflier.com/). This forum looks very much like their forum. With a few exceptions.

Over there, they provide the ability to delete posts with a simple "Options" then "delete" button. I just find it odd it is not available to us here.

WmInce

Also,   and I have offered this before on the Forum,   the Admin can 

Delete Any Posts Any Where by Any Member on the Forum.

The intent of course is for the Admin to be able to delete Highly Objectionable or Offensive Posts.  We NEVER have had that problem on the SCFLIER Forum,  and all our participating members post "Non-Objectionable" Material.   So Far So Good.   

If any SCFLIER Wants, one of their Own Individual original SCFLIER Posts to be deleted,    

please send me an email at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

and I will be glad to manually go thru the Admin process to delete your old,  No Longer Wanted Posts.

And,  although the "edit out all of your post material except for (at least) one individual typed character remaining" may be tiresome,  it will work for each and every SCFLIER Member.

My apologies for forgetting that at least ONE Typed character must remain in the Member Edited Post. 

Regards

D

PS - edited - All Forums by IPS are NOT the same.   MANY Settings and Different Software Versions.  

I do know that IPS is moving towards more and more "Internet Security" checks and balances,   and that may be driving some of "our" Forum's responses vs "other" forums.....

WmInce

Great.  Thanks for your patience.

email me anytime with questions or complaints.

and,   we may find Interesting,  Wonderful,  Unexpected,  Exciting New Functional  Differences in how IPS SW Version 4.2.3 works TOMORROW !!!

New Software Versions - "......Like a Box of Chocolates - You Never Know What You are Gonna Get......."

HUMOR

FYI to all SCFLIER Forum Members

the IPS Forum Website Maintainer Company SW Upgrade to the latest version,  

with new Features and important Security Checks and Hacker Attack prevention code

is NOW 

INSTALLED AND COMPLETE.

My initial checks verify everything is there and operation appears normal,  so far. 

I am sure there will be some new Features that folks Like and some that Folks Dis-Like.

Such is Life with an Internet Forum.

Please notify me via email at

scflieradm@yahoo.com

with any Comments,  Complaints,  or Concerns

your Friendly Admin

Dave