Thank you for allowing me to become a member of the forum... l would like to introduce myself. The name is Harold Wickham, first off No I do not have a Sport Cruiser... I wanted one for years... I fly a very similar aircraft, built in the Czech Republic by Milan Briselta... it is a 2016 Bristell S-LSA (see photos) it has the full Garmin suite G3x touch. It is an incredible plane and a true joy to fly. I live in Dayton Nevada at Dayton Valley Airpark A-34 just a 10 minute flight to beautiful South Lake Tahoe airport. I have a really big hanger with a Pilots apartment, lounge and courtesy vehicle. If your ever in the area feel free to stop in and stay over if you like. We are a pretty friendly Airpark. There are many airports very close by and fantastic place to fly here. Although keep in mind this is the Sierras and the weather can change rapidly and the altitude comes up quickly. 

Again thank you for allowing me in the forum without a Sport Cruiser...

IMG_1350.JPG

image.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I truly am living the Dream... we have been blessed abundantly; and as such it is our obligation to share our blessings with our fellow pilots.

RTK we are not that far away, please come for a visit and check out the Airpark. It is so very nice to share a community with like minded friends. Most are retired, I still have to work (got to pay for this plane) but we have at least one hangar party a month to share our aviation tales. We do have a few homes for sale and plenty of room for more new ones.

Deltafox, we decided on the Bristell because we got a fantastic deal on a fantastic plane. The Designer Milan Bristela was part of the design team for the Sport Cruiser, Piper Sport and the Evector aircraft. So basically He took what he thought was the best of each and called it the Bristell. If you look close you will not see much difference. Instead of Dynon glass panels he went with Garmin and used a FiTi prop. It is 51 inches wide in the cockpit and has nose wheel steering. Short of that it's the same plane.

IMG_3214.JPG

45 minutes ago, Hwick2000 said:

. . . . . we decided on the Bristell because we got a fantastic deal on a fantastic plane.

Is your Bristell equipped with a BRS?

Can you share with us the published "empty weight" of your airplane?

Some of us may want to buy one.

2 hours ago, Hwick2000 said:

I truly am living the Dream... we have been blessed abundantly; and as such it is our obligation to share our blessings with our fellow pilots.

RTK we are not that far away, please come for a visit and check out the Airpark. It is so very nice to share a community with like minded friends. Most are retired, I still have to work (got to pay for this plane) but we have at least one hangar party a month to share our aviation tales. We do have a few homes for sale and plenty of room for more new ones.

Many thanks for the kind invite, Hwick2000!  I have a friend who lives near Carson City and eventually I’ll fly up there for a visit and would love to check out Dayton Valley Airpark!

That is a mighty fine looking interior you’ve got there!  And a BEW of 792 pounds!  Fantastic!  I’ve got a 2008 Sportcruiser with a BEW of 808.1 and am also without the BRS.  Sounds like you found the aircraft at the right time and got a great deal!  Congrats!

15 hours ago, Hwick2000 said:

I do not have a BRS, but that is an option. When I bought the plane it was ordered by another buyer that backed out at the last minute ( reason I got a Fantastic deal). The empty weight is 792 lbs.  

For a Bristell, that empty weight is actually pretty good.

Throw in BRS and fuel injection and that makes a big difference in weight. Think fuel.

I love the Bristell. 51 inches of shoulder room can't be beat, by any other LSA. My CT has is close, with 49 inches.

This should be titled "new confused member".  You are aware you are in a SportCruiser forum, correct?  I don't get it, this is similar to buying a Mercedes and posting photos and discussions on the BMW forum. 

What exactly to you plan to gain from posting in this forum?

Just curious.

-Josh Scheid

1 minute ago, JoshScheid said:

This should be titled "new confused member".  You are aware you are in a SportCruiser forum, correct?  I don't get it, this is similar to buying a Mercedes and posting photos and discussions on the BMW forum. 

Just curious.

-Josh Scheid

There is no bristell forum.

48 minutes ago, JoshScheid said:

Just curious.

-Josh Scheid

Dear "new confused member",

Welcome Josh and you are correct, this is first and foremost a SportCruiser forum. In fact it's everything SportCruiser AND then some. But we also welcome the "outsiders" because we feel sorry for them that they DON'T own a SportCruiser.  They had to SETTLE for something less. :D

They are already envious that we own SportCruisers, they come here to make themselves feel better and we didn't want to kick them when they were down. It's just not right. :P So we let anyone join to lift their spirits. :D

Even Bristell and CT owners. :P

All kidding aside, this forum is for any aviation enthusiast no matter what you own but of course we generally talk about in ins and outs of SportCruisers. But there is also other info on other aircraft on this forum. It's a wealth of information that's priceless.

Are you an owner, future owner or are you one of those "outsiders" that we just let in? :D

Welcome to our forum Josh.  

2 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

Dear "new confused member",

Welcome Josh and you are correct, this is first and foremost a SportCruiser forum. In fact it's everything SportCruiser AND then some. But we also welcome the "outsiders" because we feel sorry for them that they DON'T own a SportCruiser.  They had to SETTLE for something less. :D

They are already envious that we own SportCruisers, they come here to make themselves feel better and we didn't want to kick them when they were down. It's just not right. :P So we let anyone join to lift their spirits. :D

Even Bristell and CT owners. :P

All kidding aside, this forum is for any aviation enthusiast no matter what you own but of course we generally talk about in ins and outs of SportCruisers. But there is also other info on other aircraft on this forum. It's a wealth of information that's priceless.

Are you and owner, future owner or are you one of those "outsiders" that we just let in? :D

Welcome to our forum Josh.  

I disappointed in you seanm that you didn't recognize him by name. 

7 minutes ago, ronin5573 said:

I disappointed in you seanm that you didn't recognize him by name.

Nope, dont know him and never met him in Sebring or anywhere else for that matter. 

You would think that a rep from the manufacturer would maybe introduce himself in his very first post instead of poking fun at another member but that's just me. :P 

1 minute ago, ShawnM said:

Nope, dont know him and never met him in Sebring or anywhere else for that matter. 

You would think that a rep from the manufacturer would maybe introduce himself in his very first post instead of poking fun at another member but that's just me. :P 

I don't really know if its the same guy... same name though.  Guess you could use any name you want when creating an account. 

1 minute ago, ronin5573 said:

I don't really know if its the same guy... same name though.  Guess you could use any name you want when creating an account. 

Yep, one sure could. That's the beauty (and pitfall) of the internet, we can be anyone we want. 

I'm really a 6'-1" blonde swimsuit model with long legs, sexy eyes, firm butt and 36D boobs looking for my sugar daddy with a nice plane, I mean SportCruiser. I've had everyone here fooled for years. :P

Typically when I join new forums I introduce myself first then start in with my antics that everyone knows AND LOVES.  :D

5 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

Yep, one sure could. That's the beauty (and pitfall) of the internet, we can be anyone we want. 

I'm really a 6'-1" blonde swimsuit model with long legs, sexy eyes, firm butt and 36D boobs looking for my sugar daddy with a nice plane, I mean SportCruiser. I've had everyone here fooled for years. :P

Typically when I join new forums I introduce myself first then start in with my antics that everyone knows AND LOVES.  :D

Guess you could ask him if your going to the open house this Saturday.  I wont make it as 1000 miles for hot dogs is a hike.

1 hour ago, ShawnM said:

Come on, that's your excuse? That would be the most expensive hotdog in history. :D 

Assuming 100 knots average GS, and MOGAS at 4.5 gph, that's only 45 gallons, or about $157.50 (at $3.50 per gallon), so only a $157.50 hot dog, just slightly more than the $100 hamburger!  (that is, of course, one way.) :P

56 minutes ago, rtk said:

Assuming 100 knots average GS, and MOGAS at 4.5 gph, that's only 45 gallons, or about $157.50 (at $3.50 per gallon), so only a $157.50 hot dog, just slightly more than the $100 hamburger!  (that is, of course, one way.) :P

I always read that about the rotax buring 4.5 gal per hour.  Maybe its me but I flight plane for 110 kts at 6 gal per hour.  usually run the rpm at 5350 and get something like 5.5 5.7 per hour . at 7500 ft or so its trues out at 118 knots. My personal aircraft will not  get to 120 knots unless I firewall the throttle which will give me 5650 rpms which it cant sustain for more then 5 mins but I try not to ever hit over 5500.

3 hours ago, ronin5573 said:

Guess you could ask him if your going to the open house this Saturday.  I wont make it as 1000 miles for hot dogs is a hike.

Well first things first....I never said anything about hot dogs! We are having 14 Bones from Vero in site with a BBQ pit serving up their finest BBQ. But, I guess that $157.50 is a heck of a lot to pay for BBQ as well. But, then again I heard that we will be having an SC owners that is a "6'-1" blonde swimsuit model with long legs, sexy eyes, firm butt and 36D boobs looking for my sugar daddy with a nice plane"....Now that may be worth the trip!

Izzy

I  think the 4.5 gph was really measured at 75% power, so about 4,500 RPM or so.  Your consumption seems about right from what I've seen for speeds conducive to getting somewhere.  :P

4 hours ago, JoshScheid said:

The Bristell is a cousin to the Sportcruiser., plus we're a welcoming group.  Much like the CT group is very welcoming of all other aircraft, especially with their annual Page, AZ trip.  But if were using the automotive analogy, I'd say that we're comparing something from common parents, like an Audi and Volkswagen, or Toyota and Lexus.  Different enough cosmetically, but enough DNA (parts, plans, etc.) to be related.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well first things first....I never said anything about hot dogs! We are having 14 Bones from Vero in site with a BBQ pit serving up their finest BBQ. But, I guess that $157.50 is a heck of a lot to pay for BBQ as well. But, then again I heard that we will be having an SC owners that is a "6'-1" blonde swimsuit model with long legs, sexy eyes, firm butt and 36D boobs looking for my sugar daddy with a nice plane"....Now that may be worth the trip!

Izzy

Is Dynon still coming. I think they finally got the 472 adsb dual band  unit fixed.  Ask them when they should start shipping.