Oshkosh 2018 EAA AirVenture News, Pictures, more

Nothing worth having comes easy! 1f642.png:-)
Finally... after a long wait, we have our featured SportCruiser here at EAA AirVenture 2018! We'd love to introduce you to this beautiful airplane. Please stop by our booth #91-95 in Oshkosh

they build a special aircraft espically for EAA but it didn't get to EAA till the last day ???????????????

I like it better then last years … that gold one was FUGLY

EAA18.jpg

CSA posted more photos up on Facebook.  I saw the photos and am wondering... what are those hoses on the bottom left (right in the photo) of the cowling, and what’s that other thing dangling down on the right side of the cowling?

DEF3871A-CBDE-4E02-9C4B-E51836573826.png

3 hours ago, rtk said:

CSA posted more photos up on Facebook.  I saw the photos and am wondering... what are those hoses on the bottom left (right in the photo) of the cowling, and what’s that other thing dangling down on the right side of the cowling?

Those are the drain lines for the carbs, airbox and the oil canister vent lines. Every plane has them they are just trimmed so as not to hang down that far. They were photoshopped out in the photo posted by Ronin5573 which is not a real picture either. They photoshopped in the background because if you look through the canopy you see green, not a gray hangar.

Where are the wheel pants? Planes without pants are NAKED.  :D Not the best way to show off your best plane but what do you expect when they show up on the last day. :o

The inlet shape for the radiator is different also.

14 hours ago, rtk said:

I believe that this SportCruiser was assembled overnight onsite, so I'm guessing not much time for attention to the details but, still a great job in assembling this SC after a long day at the show! I do like the shade of Red, I've seen it in the Cirrus SR22 Carbon Edition, but am not sure why they chose the Orange inserts on the Gray seats.

10 hours ago, ShawnM said:

Where are the wheel pants? Planes without pants are NAKED.  :D Not the best way to show off your best plane but what do you expect when they show up on the last day. :o

I agree, the wheel pants seems to finish the look, bring it all together as without them she looks like a pretty lady with awfully skinny legs!

Anyway, the show ended and I feel that there was not that much shared. I guess my expectations may have been for a bit more since there is so much going on at CAI with the NEW ventures, management, and introduction of training programs. I wonder if the folks from Bountiful showed up to assist in the promotion of that flight school idea. 

I wonder how many SportCruisers were sold during the show? From what I've read Vashon (Ranger) and Magnus (Fusion 212) received orders or had sales at the show.

24 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I believe that this SportCruiser was assembled overnight onsite, so I'm guessing not much time for attention to the details but, still a great job in assembling this SC after a long day at the show! I do like the shade of Red, I've seen it in the Cirrus SR22 Carbon Edition, but am not sure why they chose the Orange inserts on the Gray seats.

To each his own I guess, I dont care for the color as it's just way too flashy for me. Maybe this was painted just for the show. Did they know it was a WEEK long show? I tend to like the white with the cool stripes and/or graphics like days gone by. When planes get too flashy they give the impression of a homebuilt to me as the sky's the limit with paint then and I've seen some go WAY overboard. A "little" flash with nice clean lines works for me but then again I'm just a simple creature. :D

I haven't seen any pics or news on the website since the show started. I guess they assume EVERYONE has a Facebook account and will see it there. That's not the case but what do I know, I'm still one of the 5 people on the planet WITHOUT a facebook account, remember, I'm still a simple creature. :P 

If would be great info to see how many sales for ALL manufacturers happened at AirVenture.

3 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

To each his own I guess, I dont care for the color as it's just way too flashy for me. Maybe this was painted just for the show. Did they know it was a WEEK long show? I tend to like the white with the cool stripes and/or graphics like days gone by. When planes get too flashy they give the impression of a homebuilt to me as the sky's the limit with paint then and I've seen some go WAY overboard. A "little" flash with nice clean lines works for me but then again I'm just a simple creature. :D

I haven't seen any pics or news on the website since the show started. I guess they assume EVERYONE has a Facebook account and will see it there. That's not the case but what do I know, I'm still one of the 5 people on the planet WITHOUT a facebook account, remember, I'm still a simple creature. :P 

If would be great info to see how many sales for ALL manufacturers happened at AirVenture.

Good morning Shawn, While I stated I did like the Red as the market seems to like this shade specifically I would never own a Red plane. Red is reserved for a classic Porsche or a Ferrari...that's just me 

Talking about FaceBook. Believe it or not it is truly a great marketing tool in which a lot of folks have realized the power of allowing the folks to market a product by liking and sharing without having to expense a whole lot of money or commit to any one campaign for a set period of time. Funny thing though, Cruiser Aircraft posted a video of Josh personally inviting folks to the show and I believe I read that it had 5 likes and 2 shares.....indicating a not so well received or liked idea.

On a personal side, I like the interaction with folks I know from far away place. I like to see the pictures of their families getting together and comment on how big their kids have gotten and how wonderful grandma looks. I've also enjoyed rekindling a few relationships I truly enjoyed while a very young man. I am a member of a cigar group, a car group which allow me the recommendations of great cigars. And lastly, I kid you not, I have this one friend that I take his restaurant suggestions as a guide to restaurants I must visit. But, hey I understand as I've enjoyed a few vacations with no connection and while I admit felt very weird at the beginning by day number TWO I felt a sense of freedom that is hard to explain as I live a very connected life. ENOUGH ABOUT FACEBOOK! lol

I'm also very curios how ALL manufacturers did at OSHKOSH. I did not read of any large purchases as announced during Sun n Fun but, I'm certain that there were quite a few checks exchanging hands.

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Good morning Shawn, While I stated I did like the Red as the market seems to like this shade specifically I would never own a Red plane. Red is reserved for a classic Porsche or a Ferrari...that's just me 

Talking about FaceBook. Believe it or not it is truly a great marketing tool in which a lot of folks have realized the power of allowing the folks to market a product by liking and sharing without having to expense a whole lot of money or commit to any one campaign for a set period of time. Funny thing though, Cruiser Aircraft posted a video of Josh personally inviting folks to the show and I believe I read that it had 5 likes and 2 shares.....indicating a not so well received or liked idea.

On a personal side, I like the interaction with folks I know from far away place. I like to see the pictures of their families getting together and comment on how big their kids have gotten and how wonderful grandma looks. I've also enjoyed rekindling a few relationships I truly enjoyed while a very young man. I am a member of a cigar group, a car group which allow me the recommendations of great cigars. And lastly, I kid you not, I have this one friend that I take his restaurant suggestions as a guide to restaurants I must visit. But, hey I understand as I've enjoyed a few vacations with no connection and while I admit felt very weird at the beginning by day number TWO I felt a sense of freedom that is hard to explain as I live a very connected life. ENOUGH ABOUT FACEBOOK! lol

I'm also very curios how ALL manufacturers did at OSHKOSH. I did not read of any large purchases as announced during Sun n Fun but, I'm certain that there were quite a few checks exchanging hands.

Cheers!

Good morning Izzy.

Sorry I missed the Josh episode on Facebook. :D

I do fully understand the idea behind Facebook and how it helps people and companies alike and it can be utilized as a powerful marketing tool. If it helps my dog has a Facebook account that my girlfriend started for him but I dont use it nor would I know how to. He's a rescued Greyhound and that's how my girlfriend finds playdates and dog sitters when we travel. So it does help my dog. :D It actually helps my retirement also as I bought Facebook stock at the IPO some 5 years ago. It's now up over 500% for me, so all you Facebook users dont stop using it as I'd like to retire sooner than later. :P Back to airplanes........

Seeing who sold what would be interesting. I dont care about "large" purchases per se but rather all purchases from the aircraft manufacturers. As you stated I'm sure many, many checks changed hands at the show. That's why many people go. I for one love seeing and touching items that I consider "large purchases". I'm a visual person and it helps relieve tension as I release the check from my hands. But I consider my last purchase of my ADS-B box a "large purchase". Did I mention before I'm thrifty?

There is still a lot of news to come out of Oshkosh since it just wrapped up and hopefully manufacturers will share their show experience online.

I hope anyone from our forum who went enjoyed their trip. I know MikeOhaha was there and I think I read that Ronin5573 went aslo.   

9 hours ago, Deltafox said:

Me too.

Me three.

Were there ANY announcements at Oshkosh or on Facebook? I know they finally made an ADS-B decision to this forum but was this announced anywhere other than here?

Next is the LOA announcement and hopefully another ADS-B solution using the GDL-82. :D

3 hours ago, ronin5573 said:

Stats for the 2018 EAA airventure … keeps getting bigger and better.

Amazing numbers !! Maybe I'll look into volunteering next year so my reason to go is two fold and to be able to give back to something I'm so passionate about..