Yes, welcome to both Necco and Flyingconch. Please share your experiences as we can all learn from each other.

3 hours ago, Flyingconch said:

New to Blog and new SC owner.Just purchased an 08. I will be doing some upgrades to the avionics, fuel return, and 2020 upgrades,  if anyone has a Dynon they pulled for an upgrade I would be interested in speaking with you.

Flyingconch, I've done dozens of upgrades to my 2007 and love them all. Ech one makes the plane better and safer. I have several more on my list and dont know if I'll ever be finished. :o I'm E-LSA so many of my upgrades can't be done by the S-LSA owner. But even a 2008 can get many upgrades without the need for a LOA. I only know of one owner who's upgraded the legacy Dynon for the Skyview but he no longer owns the SportCruiser or the old Dynon goodies.

You probably have a stack of SB's that you need to comply with before you even start upgrades. The return line being one you mentioned, there are several more to keep you busy if they weren't done already by the previous owner. 

• 1 month later...

HI Every One: Am a returning forum member, but not sure if this is where I should be doing an intro.  Am multi, instrument rated & have owned a 2008 (new) Sport Cruiser, 2011 and just bought a 2013 with low time and updated to HDX.  Lots of time in Beechcraft V35's & A36 and now going back to Sport Cruiser recreational, fun flying.  Live in South Dakota and have a winter home in The Villages, FL.  Looking forward to hearing from other fliers and owners.  Sport Cruiser is a great airplane and trainer, but one just needs to actually learn how to fly an airplane again in transitioning from larger, heavier aircraft.     

3 hours ago, dakotaguy said:

HI Every One: Am a returning forum member, but not sure if this is where I should be doing an intro.  Am multi, instrument rated & have owned a 2008 (new) Sport Cruiser, 2011 and just bought a 2013 with low time and updated to HDX.  Lots of time in Beechcraft V35's & A36 and now going back to Sport Cruiser recreational, fun flying.  Live in South Dakota and have a winter home in The Villages, FL.  Looking forward to hearing from other fliers and owners.  Sport Cruiser is a great airplane and trainer, but one just needs to actually learn how to fly an airplane again in transitioning from larger, heavier aircraft.     

Its just like riding a bike.... after some landings it will be old hat.

21 hours ago, dakotaguy said:

Yes, welcome back Dakotaguy. Hope you are enjoying the HDX upgrade. Any panel pics? Next time you make it back to The Villages let us know. Maybe the "Florida Chapter" can plane a meetup. All the snow birds are flying north now. :D

1 hour ago, ShawnM said:

Yes, welcome back Dakotaguy. Hope you are enjoying the HDX upgrade. Any panel pics? Next time you make it back to The Villages let us know. Maybe the "Florida Chapter" can plane a meetup. All the snow birds are flying north now. :D

Thanks for reply.  Are there several Sport Cruisers in FL?  This snow bird flew home about 3 weeks early!

4 hours ago, dakotaguy said:

Thanks for reply.  Are there several Sport Cruisers in FL?  This snow bird flew home about 3 weeks early!

Yes, I can tell, the traffic is lighter here and the beaches are less crowded.  :D

Yes, there are many SportCruiser owners in Florida and not all of them are on this forum and some who are dont participate. :ph34r:

See you this winter.