ADMIN "FUN" Keeping your SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum Alive

1 hour ago, Jerry Mascagni said:

I was told tanks are made from 5053H34. Was told 6061 would crack and would be hard to make the radius at the nose of the tank. I have some small pieces of 6061 and will see if I can form the tank end over a piece of oak wood.  

My bad, I was recommending 6061 if you were just replacing the end of the tank. In my opinion that's not a tight radius on the nose of the tank but if you are worried then another common option is 5052 as it may be easier to find than 5053. I use 5052 on instrument panels when I have to bend a 90 in the material as a stiffener at the bottom. 6061 will crack if you bend a tight radius or a 90 in it. Either way I'm sure you could source it locally rather than waiting on Spruce. 

Just use a steel pipe as the mandrel that has the same radius as the tank and form it over that for the radius. The rest is easy. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Mascagni said:

Is the model you have sitting on your plane an R/C model.  That would be neat to have a flying model.

This comment must have been meant for another member. ???

• 2 years later...

Hello SCFLIER Forum Members.

This forum area is for me, the LUCKY SCFLIER Forum ADMIN, to tell y’all about stuff going on in the SCFLIER SportCruiser forum ADMIN World.

I did an “Admin Check” of how many Members are viewing posts on the forum, and how much “image memory” we are using against our Monthly Plan cost.  

The more pictures we save on the forum website,  the more the forum costs per month — IF we exceed our storage space allowed.

I pay the bills,  and I am NOT asking for Member contributions.  

And, in fairness, I myself am probably the king of SCFLIER forum image posting memory size.  Whoop de doo.  

I will continue to pay the SCFLIER website bills,  which are Less than $ 100 per month to keep the SCFLIER Forum running.

I noticed that we were getting “close” - in a gigabyte kind of way - to our memory limit for our monthly plan bill.

So, I decided to spend an extra $ 9 per month (whoop de doo) to give us a nearly 50 X increase in image storage space for the SCFLIER forum members.  
Wow   That is a bargain !

The message - please post more images of your SportCruiser,  flying trips you have taken,  and cool ideas for improving the SportCruiser (Experimental E-LSA), …,  and more.

But, Please keep your posts relevant to the SCFLIER topic area you are posting in !

Please use the search icon to find a logical place to put stuff.   PLEASE !!!

Please Don’t just create a NEW  topic when there is already an EXISTING   Topic area out there on the SCFLIER SportCruiser forum that FITS your idea. 

Finally, if you know a SCFLIER SportCruiser member that only LURKS on the forum,  reading stuff, but never posting any ideas or pictures,  try and convince them to post something - in the correct topic area ! (NOT HERE !!!).

Thank you

your friendly SCFLIER SportCruiser forum Admin 

Whoop de doo.

Dave

730930902.457804public.jpeg

730930902.480541public.jpeg

The New plan :

730931044.354420public.jpeg