Oshkosh 2018 EAA AirVenture News, Pictures, more

This is a posting location for any of our SportCruiser SCFLIER Forum members who plan to attend OSHKOSH 2018 to add their

Oshkosh 2018  “What’s New”

information related to the Czech Sport Aircraft SportCruiser/PiperSport/PS-28 S-LSA aircraft.

please use this location for Oshkosh 2018 NEWS  from the EAA AirVenture show that may be applicable to Pilots/Owners of the SportCruiser line of Light Sport Aircraft  !

Pictures of the Czech Sport Aircraft Oshkosh 2018 booth, new technology seen at OSHKOSH that may be applicable to the SportCruiser, Czech Sport Aircraft (CSA) Oshkosh 2018 Announcements, ....

thank you

Dave

SCFLIER Admin 

Maybe one day I'll make it up to this great gathering of airplanes but for now I'll have to settle for the three great gatherings right here in my backyard in Florida, all of which are less than a 40 minute flight away. :D  (Deland, Sebring & Sun-N-Fun)

For all those who may be going to Oshkosh, enjoy the trip and be safe. 

2 hours ago, Deltafox said:

Maybe we can finally meet at Deland this year.

Let's plan a SportCruiser gathering at Deland this year. It's November 1st thru the 3rd. I'll start another topic for that show about a month and a half out to give everyone time to fit it in their schedule. 

For those of us who are not lucky enough to get to attend Oshkosh 2018 we can at least have the next best thing........Live Webcams and LiveATC!

The live webcams at Oshkosh are now up and running and we can also listen to the communications live all from the comfort of our favorite chair, WITH air conditioning. :P

Here's the link,  https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-webcams

1 hour ago, ShawnM said:

For those of us who are not lucky enough to get to attend Oshkosh 2018 we can at least have the next best thing........Live Webcams and LiveATC!

The live webcams at Oshkosh are now up and running and we can also listen to the communications live all from the comfort of our favorite chair, WITH air conditioning. :P

Here's the link,  https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-webcams

Thank you Shawn!

I'm expecting MAJOR announcements to be made at Oshkosh 2018. I am hopeful that the darn ADS-B- Out issue is put to bed once and for all.  And for ALL of those that are courageous enough to still want to purchase a SportCruiser...this will be a great opportunity as the inventory of registered SCs at the Cruiser Hangar is up to 20. I'd treat it like a fire sale and bid really really low to start out with and see what happens.

I couldn't help but notice, according to the FAA registry, that Bountiful has not taken delivery of a single 2018 SC with the last registrations being for 2017 models in April 2018....yes, three months ago and NADA after the NOSE GEAR FAILURE during landing on May 25th. 

I saw the latest inventory listed on Barnstormers which was updated on 7/15/2018 listing a 2017 for $156,900 and a new 2018 for $169,900. But, the best price on the market seems to be for the 2017 with only 35 TTSN listed by Jonathan Trunz (NC)  at only $149,000....if it's still available.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 4.24.29 PM.png

Just got an email from Dynon and their new products that they will be showcasing at Oshkosh. They have a new D3 Pocket Panel that is touch screen with synthetic vision and and new, dual band portable ADS-B traffic and weather receiver. Be sure you stop by their booth and check them out. They also have forums going all week for those interested.

unnamed.jpg.63344ba3fa3ffae48e4b46a261eb6237.jpg

902934428_unnamed(1).jpg.b2a5b3715badeba2cb6d978e85822c8b.jpg

463096248_unnamed(2).thumb.jpg.9d46721fc2958fab65c7e35a40e95fb7.jpg 

On that same note Garmin is also hosting seminars all week and they have daily seminars on "ADS-B solutions". Maybe one of you forum members that are attending can personally invite ANYONE from the CSA tent over to listen to the seminar. It will likely fall on deaf ears but you can say you made an attempt. :D

Hey CSA or Josh (since I know you lurk here :ph34r:), do you think you'll actually make an announcement this year for a solution to the fast approaching 2020 ADS-B deadline??? Your PAYING AND SO FAR STILL LOYAL customers would like answers and they dont wish to see the the proverbial can kicked down the road yet again. :P 

Just so the CSA group is aware, Garmin offers an ADS-B "out" solutions for every "flavor" of legacy SportCruiser no matter what transponder configuration they have, it's called the GDL-82. You should have a look at it while you are at Air Venture. :D   

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Thank you for posting the link to the livecam. Flying up to OSH and sleeping in a tent right next to your airplane is a NEW ITEM on my bucket list. Talk about an immersion in aviation!

Just going to Oshkosh is on my bucket list, never been yet. :o

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Thank you for posting the link to the livecam. Flying up to OSH and sleeping in a tent right next to your airplane is a NEW ITEM on my bucket list. Talk about an immersion in aviation!

Oooh... with the storms that roll through there and the humidity at night?  I'll pass on the tent camping.  But getting a hotel room right next to Airventure IS on my bucket list (if ever that will happen.)  Failing that, driving in with a trailer to a full hookup camp site is my next best "bucket list" option.

22 minutes ago, rtk said:

Oooh... with the storms that roll through there and the humidity at night?  I'll pass on the tent camping.  But getting a hotel room right next to Airventure IS on my bucket list (if ever that will happen.)  Failing that, driving in with a trailer to a full hookup camp site is my next best "bucket list" option.

Thank you RTK for bursting my bubble. I will now edit my bucket list's new entry to just ATTENDING! ?Living in South Florida I really do not want to go all the way to almost Canada and deal with humidity and storms.

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thank you RTK for bursting my bubble. I will now edit my bucket list's new entry to just ATTENDING! ?Living in South Florida I really do not want to go all the way to almost Canada and deal with humidity and storms.

Yeah, what Izzy said. It's summertime and we have all the storms and humidity we could ever handle right now. No need to travel thousands of miles for the same thing.:P 

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

What's keeping you from flying up?

Where do I start? :D

Oops!  Sorry guys!  Didn’t mean to burst any bubbles.

And remember, I’m a West Coast guy, so “dry heat” is what I’m used to.

People obviously camp under the wings, and they seem to do OK.  I’m just old enough that creature comforts matter to me.  For example, sleeping on the ground with no other padding other than a blanket doesn’t work for me anymore.  Heck, sleeping in a truck bed doesn’t work either.  It’s an RV or a hotel for me anymore.  And I want that AC and hot shower at the end of a long, sweaty day.  Yeah, I’ve become high maintenance in my older age.

On the flip side, there’s deep fried cheese curds... and they’re GOOD!  And there’s Culver’s for burgers and custards, and they’re good too!  And gosh if the people aren’t just really nice out in Wisconsin.

I think next year, I’ll attend again.  I’ll likely fly commercial and stay in Green Bay like I did a couple years back.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Below is the link I found for the daily newspaper printed and distributed at EAA AirVenture 2018...

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/airventure-today-newspaper

Thanks Izzy, I've been scouring the web reading news and watching videos for all the latest updates. Lots of great news coming out of AirVenture this year. 

3 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

Lots of great news coming out of AirVenture this year. 

Don't know if you've seen this beast called Draco...The most extreme opposite of an LSA but, definitely worth watching.