• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, JustinTC said:

Speaking as one of those new members - and a UK based one, at that - it’s great to be here and there are some wonderful resources. Especially for a new SC owner, which I also am, so expect lots of stupid questions :)

A warm welcome JustinTC from across the pond in Sunny Florida. Tell us about your SportCruiser, pic?

This little one - 2014 Classic PS-28 cruiser. Purchased to train in and was attracted by the style, ease and low cost of ownership (apart from certification! Argh) and overall enjoyable flyability; even with less than ten hours of experience (and only three in the last year or two) I was able happily to control in all phases of flight and do numerous circuits. Not a bad testament.

A confession though - having been a glider pilot back aged 16 I was significantly attracted by stick and bubble canopy combo. My more recent training in PA-28 was enjoyable - I like low wing - but all I remembered after flying was seeing flashes of green and blue between large amounts of plane structure. More like driving a car...which was Cessna and Piper’s intent, I guess. 

Still a very new owner so getting to grips. But looking forward to it!

BD20AC75-B3E0-4815-9A0E-5530FC4E3278.jpeg

6 hours ago, JustinTC said:

Speaking as one of those new members - and a UK based one, at that - it’s great to be here and there are some wonderful resources. Especially for a new SC owner, which I also am, so expect lots of stupid questions :)

Welcome JustinTC!  Beautiful PS-28 Cruiser you have there!

I have been an owner for just over 2 years now, and I'm perpetually asking silly questions!  The folks on this forum are tremendous and provide a HUGE amount of assistance.  I try to give back, but my knowledge and experiences are dwarfed by many others on this forum!  🙂

Welcome Justin. She's a beauty. Exactly the same here....glider pilot at age 15 back in 1979. The bubble canopy, low wing and stick makes the SC/PS that much more in line to what I'm accustomed to and enjoy in an airplane.

i purchased by sportcruiser new in  august 2011.  no other lightsport plane could match its graceful good looks. always wanted to own a plane and figured it would be alot fun. after seven years of ownership , its been twice as much fun that i thought it would be. hope you have a hanger for yr plane justin and am sure you will enjoy it more than you think. there is no such thing as a stupid question here justin, just stupid people afraid to ask a question...lol

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SCFLIER Forum Members !

• 4 weeks later...

SCFLIER Forum Members !

Excellent member count, Dave!  418 members!

On the CAI website, they say that the built the 600th Sportcruiser in 2017.  I know that not all members are Sportcruiser owners, but the majority probably are.  Given that, this forum has membership of a majority of the Sportcruiser owners.  Awesome!

11D32809-278B-440C-B7E6-B8489C8DB507.jpeg

• 1 month later...

SCFLIER Forum Members !

• 1 month later...

SCFLIER Forum Members !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...