New Owner Sarasota, FL.

Hello all. Just picked my 2017 Cruiser up last month. Having a blast getting familiar with it. My son and I ferried it from Addison to Sarasota. What a great time. Attached is a pic and the video of the ferry. Cheers and glad to be part of an awesome forum!  A ton of great information and knowledge. 

Whiz. 

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1563.png

Yes, great video and welcome to the forum. I'm in Clearwater and hangar my SportCruiser in Zephyrhills.

Here's your first bit of advice, I saw your pic of the plane on the ramp in Cross City with the canopy open in the Florida sun. Never leave the canopy open if the sun is behind the aircraft, it'll act like a parabolic mirror and start melting things or worse. :o 

Congrats on the purchase.

“Yes, great video and welcome to the forum. I'm in Clearwater and hangar my SportCruiser in Zephyrhills.

Here's your first bit of advice, I saw your pic of the plane on the ramp in Cross City with the canopy open in the Florida sun. Never leave the canopy open if the sun is behind the aircraft, it'll act like a parabolic mirror and start melting things or worse. :o 

Congrats on the purchase.”

Thanks Shawn. Awesome advice. WILCO. Was actually gonna fly up to ZPH this weekend, but gotta work. 

Cheers. 
Whiz. 

47 minutes ago, Whizz said:

Thanks Shawn. Awesome advice. WILCO. Was actually gonna fly up to ZPH this weekend, but gotta work. 

Cheers. 
Whiz. 

Let me know when you do, I hear we have cheap fuel if you like that 100LL stuff in your Rotax. :D 

I'm heading up to Gainesville for the weekend and then up to Cannon Creek Airpark on Saturday to pick up my new Dynon goodies for my panel upgrade. Looking forward to meeting up sometime. 

• 4 weeks later...