Oshkosh 2017 EAA AirVenture CSA and Cruiser Aircraft

1 minute ago, WmInce said:

One upgrade I wouldn't mind having though, is replacing my G396 with the Garmin Aera 660. That''s a great little unit that fits nicely in the same spot where the G396 sits. It seems like it is just a smaller version of the G796, at about half the cost.

You'd have to come over to the dark side Wmlnce.... and someone once told me it'll narrow your buyers pool , not to mention kill your resale value. :P

The 660 is incredible, I won't miss my 396 ever. You did see my side by side photo of old and new, yes?

22 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

You'd have to come over to the dark side Wmlnce.... and someone once told me it'll narrow your buyers pool , not to mention kill your resale value. :P

Not so.

I already have 3 LOA's, with my S-LSA.

Whoever passed that on to you must have been pretty wise, eh? :D

You won't know how true that claim is . . . until you sell your aircraft.

Seriously, good luck with that.

4 hours ago, ShawnM said:

No worries, when you come pick up the plane I'll fly there with you if you like. It's a small grass strip just north of Orlando. $400 and an hour or so of your time (since you'll have just had you annual done) and you too will be free of "the man". :D  

Thanks Shawn!  May be into Aug or Sept before I get out there with the WX being what it is.   Will let you know!

Heading back home to Dallas today.  Catching the silver bird out of MKE this afternoon.

Anybody going to the fly-in this week-end, keep bugging CSA for more information on the ADS-B Out equippage for 2020.  Maybe find Tom Schrade as recommended earlier for more details.

See you guys in the air later!

Bob

23 hours ago, DavidKarenVV said:

On the loss of the Garmin 796

to me, that is significant.  I'd rather have multiple redundant OPTIONS

ON THE COCKPIT PANEL

with DISPLAY CHOICES like selecting a GARMIN 796

• WEATHER ONLY page, maybe satellite cloud cover
  • or a TRAFFIC "bullseye" range ring page,
  • or the WAYPOINT radio  frequencies page, 
  • or an AIRPORT/TAXI Diagram, or....

I fly with a backup to our 696.   It's the new Garmin Aera 660 that clips in to a custom mount under the glareshield directly over the 696 display when it fails.  Everything fails eventually.

Being prepared with backup, redundant display options IN THE PANEL is a good idea.  

The 796 weighs < 2 lbs with battery  and mount.   I'd want it in a $170k LSA   

I also carry an iPhone and iPad,  but they aren't as nice as INSTALLED Panel mounted Garmin products which can Bluetooth to our GDL-39 R for

FREE ADS-B IN TRAFFIC and WEATHER.   In the cockpit panel center.

Looks to me like a GARMIN Aera 660 would still fit in the new SportCruiser center panel....

D

Now that I look at the panel again with moving some things around ... A garmin gtn 650 or 750 would fit perfectly there and you could eliminate the radio.  I'm not sure if that nav can go in with the same rotax power setup... might need the alternator too.  

13 hours ago, WmInce said:

I already have 3 LOA's, with my S-LSA.

If I got this now you dont even own a SportCruiser but at CT. I'll bet you have 3 LOA's because there are not from CSA but CT. I hear they actually listen and take care of their owners. 

Care to confirm this?

44 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

If I got this now you dont even own a SportCruiser but at CT. I'll bet you have 3 LOA's because there are not from CSA but CT. I hear they actually listen and take care of their owners. 

Care to confirm this?

Correct Shawn, on both of your assertions.

3 LOA's;  Dynon Skyview D-700's, Matco brakes + wheels, and an Artex ELT.

Flight Design has been really good in working with us. Very reasonable and very prompt.

After submitting MRA's (manufacture request for alteration), the LOA's were approved and sent back in a week.

So far for me, support has been good.

3 hours ago, Crusader16 said:

Heading back home to Dallas today.  Catching the silver bird out of MKE this afternoon.

Ditto from me too, Bob!  Thanks for all  your legwork and chasing down an answer for us.  

Sad as I was looking on Cruiser Aircraft's Facebook page (I am the 6th person in the world without a Facebook account after Shawn.  I had to borrow one) and saw that CSA's CEO is at Oshkosh as well.  I don't understand why, with all the "big wigs" at the show, an answer couldn't be made available.  I know the question has been asked for a while now.