Greetings from SE NC

Hello, all. In 2017 I retired from the federal government with 34 years combined military and civil service. I live in Coastal Southeast North Carolina, where I built my retirement home. I advocate for veterans through my American Legion post. Freelance photography and writing take up some of my time. I also volunteer with the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office and the Southport Fire Department. I am returning to aviation after a long hiatus and thrilled to have found such an outstanding aircraft to purchase. My main goal is using it to visit my children and grandchildren throughout the country.

Welcome to the forum Doc and a big thank you for your service to our country. And welcome "back" to aviation. I see you bought a plane from "West Texas" in your other post, were you fortunate enough to buy Steve's 2008 SportCruiser? Whichever one you bought you're gonna love the plane and it's a joy to get out and fly. She's gonna feel a lot more "sporty" than aircraft you've flown in the past. Good luck and enjoy and if you ever have any questions we are all here to help you.

Hi Doc - I echo Shawn's statement of both a welcome to the forum, and many thanks to you for your Service, as well as all that you do in support of our men and women serving our country. 

Looking forward to learning more about your Sportcruiser and the fun flights you'll be taking to visit family and tasty airport diner meals around you!  In the interim, I think you'll find that the forum is a treasure trove of information and there are a lot of great and helpful members here.

Welcome! Retired 31 year cop in San Francisco and retired photojournalist as well. Got bored and bought a Pipersport a year ago next week. Then I learned to fly. LOL. Did 275 hours in her this year. Having a blast and always learning something new every flight. 

This is a great forum and resource!

Have fun with your new aircraft!!!!

Cheers! 🤘