Very Poor Cruiser Aircraft Factory Support for Existing USA SportCruiser Owners

Provided for the over 652 Worldwide members of the SCFLIER SportCruiser forum:

Many existing SportCruiser / PS-28  S-LSA aircraft owners have experienced very poor CruiserAircraft factory Support.

A consistent Example includes essentially No Response to requests for simple SportCruiser aircraft replacement parts orders.

While existing SportCruiser S-LSA aircraft owners love the easy flying capabilities and look and feel of the SportCruiser aircraft design, when a simple aircraft Part fails, the inability to get ANY response to requests for replacement parts is very frustrating. 

Of course the competition in the Light Sport Aircraft market includes other opportunities to buy another brand S-LSA aircraft:

• Bristell BRM-Aero offers the “Next Generation” SportCruiser also designed by Milan Bristella.  Advantages include several Rotax engine options (Rotax 912 ULS, Rotax 912iS Fuel Injected, Rotax 914 Turbocharged, Rotax 915iS Fuel Injected / Turbocharged / Intercooled),  and outstanding upgraded Garmin Avionics capabilities.  Disadvantages of Bristell S-LSA offerings include a higher price,  but factory support is reported to be outstanding, and aircraft performance with the new Rotax 915iS engine is at the top of the LSA AIrcraft scale !
  • TECNAM offers several exciting S-LSA aircraft Options including advanced Rotax engines, newest Garmin Avionics,  and both a low wing (Astore) and high wing S-LSA aircraft with very pleased customers in the USA.  Purchase price is higher than the CruiserAircraft SportCruiser,  but the Tecnam offerings come with excellent factory support after the sale. A Valuable consideration - factory support after the sale is REQUIRED !
  • Vans Aircraft is a stellar, incredibly  responsive  USA Based organization with simply awesome, unparalleled customer support,  great INNOVATIVE Aircraft designs, a strong customer responsive parts base that LISTENS to existing customers and upgrades their newest Vans Aircraft aircraft designs to match customer input ideas.  An example of a recently dramatically improved Vans Aircraft S-LSA design is the new (in 2017) RV-12iS S-LSA with the Fuel Injected Rotax 912iS engine and many aircraft design improvements included now in the RV-12iS S-LSA cabin and engine compartment.  Excellent !

I personally remain a STRONG SUPPORTER of the capable, easy to fly, comfortable SportCruiser S-LSA AIRCRAFT,  but lack of continued CruiserAircraft Innovation - especially with examples of only ONE Rotax engine available - the original - since 2006 Rotax 912 ULS,  and very slow factory incorporation of new cockpit Avionics, (the continued lack of SportCruiser S-LSA aircraft Angle Of Attack sensing and cockpit AOA display is just one long standing example) essentially drove me - way back in 2016 - to convert my SportCruiser S-LSA aircraft to a USA FAA Experimental E-LSA aircraft to allow incorporation by myself of updated Dynon AOA  & Garmin Aera 760 GPS / ADS-B IN & OUT / SXM GDL - 52 avionics,  as well as recently -in early 2023 - my E-LSA SportCruiser aircraft upgrade to a more powerful, capable Rotax 914 Turbocharged engine.  The Rotax 914 Turbocharged engine provides game changing aircraft PERFORMANCE UPGRADES in Climb Rate and Level Cruise True Airspeed to my E-LSA SportCruiser aircraft !

I have been waiting for over a year for ANY Factory RESPONSE to my simple SportCruiser aircraft parts requests,  and expect I will be forced to make my own replacement parts to continue upgrading the E-LSA SportCruiser that I own and love to fly.

Dave

SCFLIER SportCruiser Forum ADMIN

Additional Examples of poor CruiserAircraft factory responses to simple parts requests are provided below by the PS28 SportCruiser / Cruiser Pilots forum :

710859642.035315public.jpeg

710859697.426021public.jpeg

710859697.463819public.jpeg

710859712.127770public.jpeg

710859712.163297public.jpeg

710859725.581101public.jpeg

710859725.615977public.jpeg

710859740.221609public.jpeg

710859740.257297public.jpeg

710859758.320177public.jpeg

710859758.356327public.jpeg

711692553.902120public.jpeg

Dave,

Well said. Keep up the good work here at the forum. I too will be converting to E-LSA soon as looking down the road it's getting obvious that a factory "unsupported" S-LSA will be a white elephant that will impact the planes value in the resale market. 

In the meantime I love my Pipersport.

Pilot Pete

You seem surprised by this Dave? :D 

I've been talking and texting with James in Scotland and he's certainly frustrated with the factory after they initially responded with a several page spreadsheet with parts and prices to repair his plane.

It's been like this for the entire 10 years I've owned my plane. I finally had enough and in 2016 I converted to E-LSA. The best thing ANY owner could do is to convert to E-LSA and give the factory the middle finger. There's no part on this plane I cant make, have made for me or buy off the shelf.  

It's really sad that it's come to this for such a beautiful and fun airplane. 

If I've said it once I've said it a million times, I love my plane but I hate the factory. :P

Shawn

of course you are correct, sir.

the lack of factory customer support is NOT new.  This factory support problem has been a continuing problem since about 2011,  and especially a greater problem since Patrick and the awesome folks at US Sport Aircraft (now ThrustFlight) finally came to their senses and decided life was too short to try and help improve the CONTINUING Czech Factory Support problem scenarios.

Unfortunately, I am at the point that I can no longer recommend ANYONE to buy an S-LSA SportCruiser aircraft, 

UNLESS

the person buying a new S-LSA SportCruiser has the desire, capability, resolve, and resources to immediately convert their new aircraft to an Experimental E-LSA Special Airworthiness Certificate in the USA.

Going E-LSA with a new SportCruiser is really the only viable way to keep the SportCruiser Upgraded and Competitive with the rapidly evolving USA S-LSA Light Sport Aircraft Market.    There may actually be a case to be made that the E-LSA SportCruiser option easily PAYS OFF vs buying a new more expensive Bristell S-LSA.   But the E-LSA aircraft owner investment required (time and money) in doing these upgrades themselves (with excellent Mechanic support)  is SIGNIFICANT

Technology moves on - with or without Factory Built SportCruiser S-LSA aircraft !

This Lack of Factory Support situation makes me sad.  There is money to be made by the Czech SportCruiser factory organization to SELL FACTORY REPLACEMENT PARTS for S-LSA Factory built aircraft !

If I were buying a new S-LSA aircraft today,  the SportCruiser would NOT be on my Short List today,  as it WAS in 2010.

However,  I do love the challenge and REWARDS possible with continuing to upgrade my E-LSA SportCruiser aircraft, and I will continue to do so as long as possible.

Dave

Still a STRONG SportCruiser Aircraft SUPPORTER !

2 hours ago, admin said:

Shawn

of course you are correct, sir.

the lack of factory customer support is NOT new.  This factory support problem has been a continuing problem since about 2011,  and especially a greater problem since Patrick and the awesome folks at US Sport Aircraft (now ThrustFlight) finally came to their senses and decided life was too short to try and help improve the CONTINUING Czech Factory Support problem scenarios.

Unfortunately, I am at the point that I can no longer recommend ANYONE to buy an S-LSA SportCruiser aircraft, 

UNLESS

the person buying a new S-LSA SportCruiser has the desire, capability, resolve, and resources to immediately convert their new aircraft to an Experimental E-LSA Special Airworthiness Certificate in the USA.

Going E-LSA with a new SportCruiser is really the only viable way to keep the SportCruiser Upgraded and Competitive with the rapidly evolving USA S-LSA Light Sport Aircraft Market.    There may actually be a case to be made that the E-LSA SportCruiser option easily PAYS OFF vs buying a new more expensive Bristell S-LSA.   But the E-LSA aircraft owner investment required (time and money) in doing these upgrades themselves (with excellent Mechanic support)  is SIGNIFICANT

Technology moves on - with or without Factory Built SportCruiser S-LSA aircraft !

This Lack of Factory Support situation makes me sad.  There is money to be made by the Czech SportCruiser factory organization to SELL FACTORY REPLACEMENT PARTS for S-LSA Factory built aircraft !

If I were buying a new S-LSA aircraft today,  the SportCruiser would NOT be on my Short List today,  as it WAS in 2010.

However,  I do love the challenge and REWARDS possible with continuing to upgrade my E-LSA SportCruiser aircraft, and I will continue to do so as long as possible.

Dave

Still a STRONG SportCruiser Aircraft SUPPORTER !

Yup, I agree and in my opinion an E-LSA SportCruiser is more valuable than a S-LSA SportCruiser today. All the hard work of converting it and then any upgrades or future upgrades only increase the value.

Anyone stuck with a S-LSA SportCruiser is.....well.....just stuck at this time. :o

It's not a matter of "IF" those with a S-LSA will convert to E-LSA but a matter of "WHEN". :D

A Rotax Service Center here in the US tried to solve this problem a couple years ago.  There was no intent to make much of a profit but to simply provide a readily available supply of common spare parts SportCruiser owners often ask for.  A trip to the Czech Republic was even in the works.  Bottom line:  given the amount of capital investment they wanted and having to assume 100% of the financial risk there was NO BUSINESS CASE to pursue it.  Especially given the small number of actively flown CRUZ airframes in the US operated by private owners....many who are doing their own thing so to speak.   None have been imported in over three years.

I fly for fun.   If I have to go E-LSA that means I have to become a pseudo-mechanic, a parts fabricator and an EAA "hanger project manager."  That is NOT FUN. Not to mention the DAR here in CO will not do SLSA to ELSA conversions which becomes a logistical issue.  I would buy a reliable used 4x4 and go back to fly fishing.  Bristell (stall/spin queen) and Tecnam with turbo engines are off the charts expensive and it's a 14 month wait for an RV-12 which looks like a Fisher Price toy.  Almost all the used ones are experimental.  No thanks.  Hopefully this is just another ebb and flow in the ongoing "OMG there is no support for the airframe" that usually somehow rights itself.  Otherwise it's time to start checking the stream flows...until then will keep having fun.

18 minutes ago, FlyAgain said:

If I have to go E-LSA that means I have to become a pseudo-mechanic, a parts fabricator and an EAA "hanger project manager."

I guess there may be some more misinformation out there now, this time in regards to converting to E-LSA. Converting to E-LSA does not mean you have to change anything about your current maintenance schedule or who does the work or where you get parts for your SportCruiser. That is if you can actually get them. :o

You can continue on "business as usual" with your current LSRM / mechanic. You don't need to do ANY maintenance yourself, turn any wrenches, make any parts, change your own oil or become a project manager. And your current mechanic or LSRM will continue to do your annual condition inspection. Just because you converted to experimental does not change any of that. I know a few RV owners who don't even dare to get their hands dirty with their own experimental aircraft. 

When it comes time to upgrade those aging avionics, guess what? You taxi over to your local avionics shop and have them install ANYTHING you want. You can install all the latest and coolest gadgets. You don't have to do it yourself or beg the factory for permission. You want some real nice LED lighting to replace the old school strobes on your plane? You can have those installed by your favorite mechanic as well. And nope, you don't need permission anymore because you are E-LSA. You want a new DUC propeller? You can have that installed by your mechanic also. All that and you didn't even get your hands dirty. See how easy that was? :D

The freedom that comes with converting to E-LSA has nothing to do with you the owner/operator now having to do all your own maintenance, repairs, fabricating parts or anything else. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

If one choses to do all that then they have that option also. I agree it's not for everyone. I chose to do it myself because I love doing it and I know with out a doubt that the maintenance was done correctly and nothing was skipped or glossed over as "it's good enough". 

Some people like to tinker and fix their own stuff, others like to fish. :D

Like Shawn said, it means that you "Can" do more things, not that you have to. 

Any LSRM or A&P with Rotax experience can do your repairs, maintenance and inspections.  If you choose to do so, you can take a 16 hour class and get the LSRI certification and do the annual inspection yourself.  

Other than giving instruction to others in your airplane, there are few downsides to going E-LSA. (I also hear that you will soon be able to teach in an E-LSA soon, as that is in the works)

47 minutes ago, Velocity26 said:

Other than giving instruction to others in your airplane, there are few downsides to going E-LSA. (I also hear that you will soon be able to teach in an E-LSA soon, as that is in the works)

Au contraire mon frère, as of February of this year many of the rules changed for flight instruction in experimental aircraft. The FAA rescinded LODA requirements for some instruction while some situations still require a LODA. If you have insomnia click the link below and you'll be asleep in no time. 

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/02/08/2023-02600/notification-of-policy-for-implementation-of-the-james-m-inhofe-national-defense-authorization-act

Paul Hamilton also has some good reading on his website about using an E-LSA for flight training and the rules around it.

There is no downside to converting to E-LSA, only advantages. 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:13 PM, ShawnM said:

I guess there may be some more misinformation out there now, this time in regards to converting to E-LSA. Converting to E-LSA does not mean you have to change anything about your current maintenance schedule or who does the work or where you get parts for your SportCruiser. That is if you can actually get them. :o

You can continue on "business as usual" with your current LSRM / mechanic. You don't need to do ANY maintenance yourself, turn any wrenches, make any parts, change your own oil or become a project manager. And your current mechanic or LSRM will continue to do your annual condition inspection. Just because you converted to experimental does not change any of that. I know a few RV owners who don't even dare to get their hands dirty with their own experimental aircraft. 

When it comes time to upgrade those aging avionics, guess what? You taxi over to your local avionics shop and have them install ANYTHING you want. You can install all the latest and coolest gadgets. You don't have to do it yourself or beg the factory for permission. You want some real nice LED lighting to replace the old school strobes on your plane? You can have those installed by your favorite mechanic as well. And nope, you don't need permission anymore because you are E-LSA. You want a new DUC propeller? You can have that installed by your mechanic also. All that and you didn't even get your hands dirty. See how easy that was? :D

The freedom that comes with converting to E-LSA has nothing to do with you the owner/operator now having to do all your own maintenance, repairs, fabricating parts or anything else. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

If one choses to do all that then they have that option also. I agree it's not for everyone. I chose to do it myself because I love doing it and I know with out a doubt that the maintenance was done correctly and nothing was skipped or glossed over as "it's good enough". 

Some people like to tinker and fix their own stuff, others like to fish. :D

A lot of it depends on where you live.  I use Certus for all my maintenance and logistics support.  Todd travels in for my annual and other events since he's a friend of mine.  And the best in the business.  Without that resource there isn't a mechanic anywhere close that will touch an LSA here, experimental or otherwise.  There is an LSRM that flies trikes and he's on the field once a month or so.  Good resource for minor things but not really a SportCruiser guru.  There's a couple of E-LSA RV-12s on the field but they sort of keep to themselves.  A large community of traditional Vans RV guys are very helpful with the RV-6/7/8 yadda yadda owners.  They don't consider the RV-12 to be a real RV.  The A&P on the field says, "if you will go buy a real airplane we will welcome you with open arms.  But we ain't touching that thing..."  The A&Ps have more business than they can handle and don't want to sign logbooks for experimental as they consider it a liability issue.  I have a 2016 SportCruiser and don't have a need to pimp my ride so to speak. Bigger cowling would be nice for the warm weather maybe but otherwise there is nothing I would upgrade.  Dynon has been very helpful and other parts needs haven't centered on anything the Czechs produce..it's been Matco brakes, Rotax electric fuel pump, Dynon AP module, Ray Allen stick grips and things of that nature.  So far anyway. 

I just have to laugh at all the comments about customer support. This is not news. Everyone thought it was just me when I started my comments back in 2016 about the poor, no not poor, the complete and utter lack of support from the factory for legacy aircraft owners. I've been trying to tell you all this for the better part of 7 years.....and it might actually be sinking in now. :D E-LSA anyone?

You do know the definition of insanity, yes? :o

I've been a member of the Van's forum since 2014 and those guys love their planes. The plane and the company are both so loved there's a wait list to buy a plane from them. That should tell you something. A fellow forum member and SportCruiser owner is building a RV-10, it's gorgeous.  

• admin changed the title to Very Poor Cruiser Aircraft Factory Support for Existing USA SportCruiser Owners
  • 1 month later...

The continuing saga. 
just over a month ago 5 of the U.K. owners including myself made a trip to the factory to meet the CEO and Sales Director.  We basically wanted to look them in the 'white of their eyes'

We came away with mixed feelings. The factory had 4 aircraft in production. They told us they make and sell between 3-5 a month and all go to flying schools. They haven't as old one to a private owner in memory.  Over half of sales are in USA. They only make a certified version now. 

The factory had no new aircraft ready for dispatch, with a ghostly empty delivery bay except for a prototype high wing and a prototype aerobatic version. The fact they are investing in these gave some hope for the future plans and longevity of the brand. 

We were given a full tour snd the most obvious thing missing was a spares department of any sort. 

We were informed everything is outsourced except aluminium panels. They showed us the CNC machines that produce skins etc.  Nothing is bought for stock and they do monthly JIT for their current production requirements. 

For the U.K. market they blamed lack of a dealer for the parts problems as it's the dealer who carry's spares inventory. They said US never had issues apart from the period when there was no dealer.

There were many 'flaws' in their presentation that as a businessman myself concerned me. The business case just doesn't add up  I think they have enough of a base and an amazing aircraft that will keep them alive but without serious investment they won't regain their place in the top 2 or 3  

in my opinion there is only two reasons why they can't deliver parts  it can only be cash flow or incompetence.

For example one of our group ordered main gear legs over 10 months ago. One 6 months ago and two  (Inc myself) 3 months ago. We all had to pay up front. They have had our money for those respective lengths of time.  In the meantime they have ordered monthly build parts requirements, including legs for their 3-5 aircraft per month stated production runs. So why have they not added an extra set or 2 onto each months orders going back 10 months?  Makes no sense unless they've used our money for general expenses and overheads. 

Second example.  I need wing skins. These are made in their own factory. In the 3 months I have been waiting they have, according to their comments, made around 9-15 aircraft. Which means they must have set up the CNC machines and made wing skins. Why didn't they add mine into any of those  production runs? 

They are talking to me about a U.K. and Ireland dealership. I am interested but the devil as always is in the detail. Let's see what happens. Certainly won't be agreeing anything until OY is flying again. 

7 hours ago, JDevoy said:

We were given a full tour snd the most obvious thing missing was a spares department of any sort. 

James

thanks much for posting your report on meeting with the Czechs at the SportCruiser / PS-28 factory !

As you have said,  the visit raises more questions than answers. 

And, DUH,  having SPARE AIRPLANE SPECIFIC parts supply is a necessary thing to keep airplanes flying !

Of course,  Rotax engine parts,  fuel pumps,  Garmin and Dynon Avionics, circuit breakers, pitot tubes, …,  are available from many USA Sources such as AircraftSpruce, Garmin, Dynon, and Rotax parts distributors.  But items like wing skin replacements - aircraft specific parts -  need Czech Factory Support,  and waiting literally for years remains unacceptable. 

I personally have had a simple SportCruiser center instrument panel bracket on order for well over a year with no response,  until recently when the USA Distributor at KBTF Utah instituted a web based Parts Ordering system,  that has shown great response from the KBTF USA Distributor,   but we are now moving into the second month waiting on the Factory Parts response…

Czech Factory Cash Flow problems may explain the problems…perhaps the Number 1 Priority in the Czech Republic is simply “staying alive” and paying the bills,  not developing a long term customer base of happy aircraft owners !

D

1 hour ago, admin said:

I personally have had a simple SportCruiser center instrument panel bracket on order for well over a year with no response,  until recently when the USA Distributor at KBTF Utah instituted a web based Parts Ordering system,  that has shown great response from the KBTF USA Distributor,   but we are now moving into the second month waiting on the Factory Parts response…

Dave, can I ask why you simply dont make this bracket? I know you have the skills and resources......and you're E-LSA. Why on earth would you wait for something that may never come? Just curious.

Shawn

right now,  I am in a “Fly the 914 Turbo engined E-LSA SportCruiser aircraft FLYING phase” in as many different weather / flight conditions as possible.  I want to fully understand what the 914 Turbo powered airplane can (and can’t) do !

I really don’t want now the “added distraction” of taking the airplane off flying status to install my already wired and Avionics Bench Tested GTN 650 Xi suite of NEW avionics including the awesome Garmin G5 PFD / CDI / HSI,  SmartGlide, and FlightStream 210, more., …, avionics  equipment. 

My general plan is to give the Czechs until about January 2024 to supply me the simple center instrument panel bracket for my GTN 650 Xi upgrade modification needs.  

Yes,  getting a factory aircraft part from the Czechs that “soon” is probably wildly optimistic,  but why not FLY now !

COLD, sometimes icy January weather is a good time to start installing the new GTN 650 Xi / G5 / SmartGlide / FS 210 … avionics equipment into the aircraft.  

Of course,  I can build my own custom bracket at any time …if the Czechs meet standard (ie very low) expectations…

But FLYING the Rotax 914 Turbo equipped SportCruiser is the priority now…and also LOTS of fun …

D

Rotax 914 Turbo Engined SportCruiser E-LSA -

FLYING NOW !

5FA5628E-0530-4E1A-96D2-7BA0E9528310.jpe

Avionics Upgrades in work :

716572333.937137public.jpeg

716572333.956680public.jpeg

my GTN 650 Xi Avionics “Hot Mock Up” bench test equipment,  with a Garmin G5,  SmartGlide Activation button,  FlightStream 210,  more…

716572355.983805public.jpeg

the AirGizmo mount for the Garmin Aera 760 (already flying now) needs to be moved UP in the center instrument panel stack about 1/4”  to accommodate the taller GTN 650 Xi NAV/COM, and so, the new, (taller than the existing SL30) Garmin GTN 650 Xi IFR Capable NAV/COM requires a slightly modified center to side instrument panels’ interconnect aircraft center stack bracket.

716572356.009919public.jpeg

All of the new GTN 650 Xi interface wiring is complete and tested on my “Hot Mock Up” avionics test bench  

716572373.680695public.jpeg

PS - Duh - my SportCruiser is Experimental E-LSA,  making all these awesome upgrades possible !

An example of Rotax 914 Turbo CLIMB RATE IMPROVEMENTS in my E-LSA SportCruiser.  

More CLIMB RATE Improvements to come soon with COOLER Winter WEATHER !

716574180.949924public.jpeg

And,  the instrument panel center stack bracket I am waiting for,  called “Angle”, SF0085N,   Item 6 in the IPC,  is shown below.  

I plan to FLY the 914 Turbo aircraft in cold weather now while I am WAITING Patiently for this bracket from the Czechs…

716575707.115565public.jpeg

716575707.141923public.jpeg

Item 6 below is what I want: 

716575726.888462public.jpeg

Having just purchaced a sportcruizer, and knowing about the past representation in the USA.  I still feel it is the best representation of a S-LSA.  Being a aircraft that has been in production since 2006, a brief partnership with piper and a a decent amount trainers being used here in the USA with many having 5-7 thousand hours of flight time on them i believe it has a solid place in the LSA class.   Having the issues of parts and customer service is truly a concern to all of us.  I know Martin has chimed in on being a contact if need be.   Now, as the 2023 cost of new Sportcruizer is $280,000 , and Mosaic possibly coming in the near future,  I would have even more concerns as more aircraft in that price range with more speed, options will sure outpace the Sportcruizer.   However the history of this plane, and the new options that could be implemented to this aircraft by Czech Sport could insure its future, more importantly PARTS !    For any company . Parts can be a highly profitable part of a company growth,  A list of the most common parts requested along with the most special and possibly  the ones that would ground a aircraft for no stock should be available really at all times ( example landing gear/ nosewheel assy etc)    And really these parts being need to insure the fleet can remain in the air are crucial for us and profitable to them,  Lets say you need a nose wheel assembly , and the cost is $$$$ and it is in  stock, The company can set a very high cost to these and profit can be 100 percent or more to them.  If i need it , and any of us do even at a higher cost than we feel justified, at least we do have the option to get parts .  I have been in automotive for some time, Rare parts and reproductions for select items can be very expensive, But, knowing we can get them is a comfort, not to the wallet!  But not having them or support is worse than the expensive costs.  A suggestion to the company is to get a entry level aircraft with minimal avionics , like they attempted  at one time for trainers say in the $199,000 price point. and build up from there !  Especially with Mosaic coming !  Get a list of the most requested parts and most liklely to need replacement on the shelf.   Charge for them, but have them available !    If this does not happen and the company fails and support is not going to happen , We need a list of vendors and contact going forward so we can reach out to have a select run of parts done and maybe a group by or someone willing to front costs and then they can reap the benefits profit on the items for themselves .  I look forward to reaching out to all of you here for any needs i may encounter. Just thought i would share my concerns and thoughts on the company and the parts situation . 

On 9/15/2023 at 4:28 AM, JDevoy said:

We came away with mixed feelings. The factory had 4 aircraft in production. They told us they make and sell between 3-5 a month and all go to flying schools. They haven't as old one to a private owner in memory.  Over half of sales are in USA. They only make a certified version now. 

Really? Just another fabrication to ease your worries/fear. I just looked at the most current FAA data and there are TWO 2023 SportCruisers in the USA and both registered to individuals. None registered to the flight school or "dealer" in Utah, I dont know what they are calling themselves now. One guy California and one guy in Utah, again, both registered to an individual. 

If "over half of sales are in the USA" where are they hiding them? Again, there are two 2023 SportCruisers here. According to them there should be over 30 here by now if half of them come here and they produce 3-5 a month.

Just more lies to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside James.  

The next newest SportCruiser that I could find from a quick scan of the data is a 2019. 

The saga continues.....