New Owner...

Welcome Steven, and congratulations!! 👍🏻😃

We have all experienced Aviation Monetary Units (AMU, or $1,000 denominations). It just hurts (slightly) less to not write the zeros.  😂 

Lots of great members and knowledge on this forum!  Welcome and ask any questions you have! 🙂

Great looking plane Steven, thanks for posting.

And now I see, that's the 2007 SportCruiser that Bristell owned that they gave demo rides in and then took you up in a NEW Bristell to show you the difference so try and sell you a Bristell. Not exactly a fair fight but that's Bristell. :P The SportCruiser is still a better looking plane. :D

Steven, please make sure you THOROUGHLY inspect the NLG, spindle and spindle housing for cracks. And check to make sure the spindle isn't bent. Mine had cracks when I bought it and a bent spindle. I can share pics with you if you like so you know what to look for. CZAW beefed up the spindle housing in later production but looking at your serial number your plane was made before my 2007 was. I have a spare, stronger, stiffer housing if you want it.

1 hour ago, ShawnM said:

And now I see, that's the 2007 SportCruiser that Bristell owned that they gave demo rides in and then took you up in a NEW Bristell to show you the difference so try and sell you a Bristell. Not exactly a fair fight but that's Bristell. :P The SportCruiser is still a better looking plane. :D

Steven, please make sure you THOROUGHLY inspect the NLG, spindle and spindle housing for cracks. And check to make sure the spindle isn't bent. Mine had cracks when I bought it and a bent spindle. I can share pics with you if you like so you know what to look for. CZAW beefed up the spindle housing in later production but looking at your serial number your plane was made before my 2007 was. I have a spare, stronger, stiffer housing if you want it.

And as I remember someone wanted to shut Shawn down from posting on this Forum. What a loss that would have been. 

Here he’s just offered a complete stranger parts for free. 

Post on Shawn. 

Oh, and as DeltaFox asked, panel pics please. 

2 hours ago, ShawnM said:

Love to see the pics, and would love to speak about the kit.

17 minutes ago, Steven said:

I'll post pics in another thread I started so as not to muddy the waters between topics. It'll show you what to look for. I dont want to turn this topic into ANOTHER NLG topic, god knows we have too many of those already. :D If you still have the first generation spindle housing I have the upgraded version if you want it. It's a CSA part so no LOA needed.

8 minutes ago, Steven said:

Dr. Paul did the pre-buy. Don’t think he missed much...

He's extremely knowledgeable and dont doubt his talents at all. If one doesn't know specifically what to look for in regards to SportCruiser landing gear, both nose and main gear, this can be overlooked even by the best LSRM's. (an A&P would never see it :D)

2 hours ago, Steven said:

Steven, follow this link over to ONE OF THE MANY NLG discussions. Click on the shaded arrow in the upper right corner of the pic below. Start at the top if you want and I just added a new post at the bottom with more info and pics for you. Also, a link to the SB that references the NLG inspections. Hope it helps and please let me know what your NLG looks like. Glad to help if I can.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Bryan Roodvoets said:

As for Necco and ShawnM and RTK they have been great and very helpful/knowledgeable.

Thank you, Bryan!  Very kind of you, but I’m nowhere as knowledgeable as our forum administrator (DavePilot), Necco, Shawn, or many others.  I just post my mistakes a lot more often, or the panels I that I blatantly copy!  😜

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Finally got it up in the air today. What a joy to fly, once you get used to the pitch.

Congrats on getting your bid up in the air, Steven!  Don’t worry about the pitch... about the 3rd flight or so, the pitch becomes second nature.  But the views out the canopy never fails to amaze!  Looking forward to hearing about more flights! 🙂👍🏻

On 10/5/2019 at 9:57 PM, Bryan Roodvoets said:

Steve I'm a newbie also , so as well as I a newbie can, Welcome

As for Necco and ShawnM and RTK they have been great and very helpful/knowledgeable.

Thanks for the phone conversation ShwanM.

Bryan

Yes, thanks Bryan and it was great to talk with you as well. Good luck this week and please post when you get your new plane home. Hope everything goes smooth with the DAR as well.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Steven said:

Finally got it up in the air today. What a joy to fly, once you get used to the pitch.

Great job Steven, glad to see her flying again. As RTK stated, the pitch won’t be an issue in a few hours, you’ll see.